BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

After some extremly enjoyable laps of the 'Ring, my M5 Touring got stuffed into an Armco at Ex Muhle and is no longer. I wont bore you with the details - but basically front end damage (car was driven home) - damage to chassis worse than intitally thought, so I am breaking it - and will hopefully return with another soon.......

So its an M5 Touring, one of the later models, with the 6 speed box Nurburgring pack (EDC, bigger ARBs, 18 in M Parallels (9J at rear etc), large front brakes) half alcantara motorsport interior etc.....

Please enquire to [email protected] or call the office (in office hours) 01344 426182 or mobile 07779 304488.

Prices will be worked out over the next couple of days, and some items will appear on ebay tomorrow.

I will hopefully be back with another E34 soon :D

For those that dont know I run a mail order performance car salvage company, and even though the M5 was mine, Ive in effect sold it to my company so all parts will be available mail order with credit/debit card facilities.

Many thanks
Paul

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Paul, bad luck mate. I'm interested in the brakes, although I'm in negotiation for a brembo set up, I'm doubtful of a result. I'll send you an email tomorrow so as you have my details.
cheers,
Phil.

·
Registered
400 Posts
So its an M5 Touring, one of the later models, with the 6 speed box Nurburgring pack (EDC, bigger ARBs, 18 in M Parallels (9J at rear etc), large front brakes) half alcantara motorsport interior etc.....

I am interested in the gearbox, with tailshaft, 18' M Parallels and the front brakes, I will email later today.

BobZ

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Hi!
:crying2:
Sorry to hear about your missfortune, hope you`re OK.
I Just wonder, if the car was driven home(to UK?) from the ring, the damage can`t be that fatal. Seems to be a pity to scrap a rare car. What would straightening it up cost(compared to the cost of accuiring a new one and tidying it to same condition as yours is)? What about selling it whole to somebody that is willing to repair it?(just asking)
Ok, if you scrap the car it propably raises my cars value :hihi:

:crying:
Sakke

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for all the responses - I had my 2 mates in the car, we were all OK thank you for asking.

AndyE - where did you get that pic from! Yes thats my car.

Regards
Paul

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No thats not me, and thats not an M5. I met him and nattered with him and another chap with a Saloon for a while.

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Sorry! This always happens when you have only 1 of somthing to sell.....

Anymore big brake M5s we have make sure you call me first - dont get to check PMs as frequently.

Paul

·
Registered
337 Posts
Paul,

Sorry to hear the car is being broken.

What a strange weekend. First I see the Touring in the 'ring car park and comment to my wife how nice it looks. What seems minutes later I'm heading down the hill to Breidscheid and there you are on the back of a low loader. :eek:

The next day my hopes are raised when we met in the garage car park at Dottinger Hohe and you say you can get it fixed :M5thumbs:

I bet you were gutted when you found the chassis damage grrrrrrr

Good to meet you and good luck if you will still be searching for an E30 M3. PM or email me your contact details and I will let you know if I hear of one for sale.

Cheers

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi Kevin,

Yes it was nice to meet you.

Being in salvage, I have to admit I did fear for its life once I crashed it.

However all isnt lost as I have bought another Touring......the RHD converted one........

Still in market for an M3 - contact details [email protected] 01344 426182 (office).....

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Hi there Paul,
sorry to hear about your misfortune... but these things happen.... -
once there were '891', now there is one less ??
-
just for the sake of good order and the update of the M5touring-registry
kindly confirm the following:
1. the 'diamantschwarz-met.' > is a complete write-off/parted
2. the replacement is the RHD-avusblue-met. (ex Sam Thake) -
-
'take (more) care' ouich -
all the best
Karl
-
PS: I do not know how MY car fits in here, 'Gustavs' input !, or was it made to show how a 95-6-speed M5ouring looks like ?? Gustav ?

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Hi again Paul,
a -black- M5touring was LAST NIGHT stolen from an address just outside
the greater HAMBURG-area (details may follow if the owner allows) - :crying:
-
if anyone is approaching you for the 'title' and/or the car documents for your
'write off' black M5touring I do appeal to you to let me/us know about it -
-
there is already one stolen -M5touring- out there with a changed 'identity',
the car is genuine and real but has changed identity (VIN and all) to the identity of a (apparantly wrecked) E34 M5-saloon !!! :crying: :crying: :grrrr:
-
if that HAMBURG-car, which went through a EUR 8000 face-lift only recently will not be parted ( :grrrr: :crying: ) it shud be possible to trace it sooner or later. General WARNING for any parts being offered on E-BAY grrrrrrr
that might come from this car !! :nono:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK Karl, I will keep an eye out.

My car was Cosmos Black (cosmosschwartz-met) not diamant.....

I can confirm that BL01773 is now dead, just the engine and gearbox in place to demonstrate it running to any potential buyers - I have a chap coming tomorrow.

It will be recorded as scrapped with the DVLA.

I am the new owner of BL01872 - Avus Blue RHD converted M5 Touring.

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
45 Posts
sorry to hear about this. that car seemed to be a real beauty. i'll probably never get to see a genuine M5 Touring unless i go to Europe, so this is a great tragedy to me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts