BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i read through all the sticky's, and did see the break in procedure under faq, but i don't think i saw this question. should you vary between p400 mode and p500 mode throughout the break in procedure, or is it enough to put all the miles on using p400, because i understood that only 90% of the valves are used during p400, because i would think it'd be beneficial to make use of all the valves during this procedure. right?
correct me if i'm wrong

·
Registered
994 Posts
i read through all the sticky's, and did see the break in procedure under faq, but i don't think i saw this question. should you vary between p400 mode and p500 mode throughout the break in procedure, or is it enough to put all the miles on using p400, because i understood that only 90% of the valves are used during p400, because i would think it'd be beneficial to make use of all the valves during this procedure. right?
correct me if i'm wrong
Leave it in P400 until after the 1,200mile service. Then hit the magic M button.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Ya but you didn't do a search.....do one

·
Registered
737 Posts
Leave it in P400. If you put in P500, you will be way to tempted to go over the 5.5K RPM limit.

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
I does't matter of you use the P400hp mode or the P500 mode as long as you follow all the restrictions. You ARE using all the valves in P400.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts