BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I phoned in June

Was told it would be 2001 and that they would phone back - no call yet!!

When did you book?

Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
You two don't seem to had many postings but I am very interested in this. I come from the South East and living in Hong Kong at the moment but my M5 is due at the end of the year in the UK and want to get out on a track day as soon as poss. If you get anymore info or contacts I would like to go just as soon as my baby is run in.

Chris

Originally posted by SteveG:
I phoned in June

Was told it would be 2001 and that they would phone back - no call yet!!

When did you book?

Steve

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I phoned them in May and they told me it was booked solid and they would put me on the list for 2001!!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Took delivery in April and finally got around to phoning the Institute in May. I've had no problem with booking a date in September - and I can't see why fellow owners are experiencing difficulties! Anyway, eMail me personally if anybody whats my point of contact at the Institute.

Hope you eventually get booked on and you will be pleased to hear, there is no need to "run your own baby in" as you'll be running their cars!!!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'd appreciate it if someone could give me the contact details. A phone number was put on the board a couple of months ago. Now my car's arrived and I want to try and book a date, I can't find it anywhere. I imported my car from Germany, so I didn't get the contact details from the dealership. Has anyone with an import managed to get onto the course? If it wasn't free, how much did it cost?

Tomaselli, I couldn't find your email on your profile, to contact you personally, so if you don't want to put your contact's name and number on the board, my email is [email protected]

Cheers,
Phil.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Tomaselli - If you'd rather not post the number, please email it to me as well [email protected]

Phil - Let us all know how you get on / cost / etc - I'm getting my M5 from Belgium

still waiting - its being made in week 51

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Unfortunately the book I have is at work but if I remember correctly it is for owners who have bought M5s from UK dealers and it is a one day event held at Brands Hatch. Consists of skid pan, driving tests etc but mostly in 3 series. Also actual road driving in M5 with police instructor. I checked in May and am on waiting list for 2001. No cost as included in UK price.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I will be on the Power course on 21-September-2000, is there anyone else going on this day?
Oliver Mark Cortney (London)Avus Blue/Le Mans/Titanium
Originally posted by JohnH:
Unfortunately the book I have is at work but if I remember correctly it is for owners who have bought M5s from UK dealers and it is a one day event held at Brands Hatch. Consists of skid pan, driving tests etc but mostly in 3 series. Also actual road driving in M5 with police instructor. I checked in May and am on waiting list for 2001. No cost as included in UK price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts