BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of BBS LM reps from CA Automotive last june, ive kept them as clean as much as was practical over the winter but they have started to corrode and are getting worse and worse.

The fronts are pretty much spotless but the rears have corrosion on the dish, which i can just about believe could be from stones but its quite bad, but where the fake bolt heads are on the rear wheels nearly everyone on both sides has corrosion around them even to the extent that some of the bolt heads themselves are corroded.

Now what do you think i should do about it, complain and see if they will pay for them to be refurbed, just suck it up (they all do it) or do you think they will not even be covered under some sort of warranty.

Cheers

Tim

·
Registered
208 Posts
Damn, sorry to hear about your new wheels going south. I'd definitely check the warranty they came with, and either way, complain to CA Automotive. :grrrrr: Any pics when they were new, as opposed to now?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will try and get some pics up tomorrow, i just clean them with meguirs car shampoo, i dont use any wheel cleaner or chemicals on them because when i first got them i waxed them so cleaning them is dead easy.
There isnt any "warranty" to check as such, all i got when they arrived was a reciept.

·
Premium Member
13,589 Posts
Will try and get some pics up tomorrow, i just clean them with meguirs car shampoo, i dont use any wheel cleaner or chemicals on them because when i first got them i waxed them so cleaning them is dead easy.
There isnt any "warranty" to check as such, all i got when they arrived was a reciept.
There should be a clear coat on the rim, and the hardware should be stainless. Perhaps the clear has gone from road salt?

·
Registered
156 Posts
It would of happend to genuine LMs as well as reps they are diamond cut/polished and should not be used in the winter ive had my reps for 2 years now and they just started to go bad in places nothing major
they have never been used on gritted roads and have been coated with wheel sealant every 2 months
i didnt buy my wheels from ca but mine are from the same distributor that ca get them from
have you used any kind of wheel sealant?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts