BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, here's the deal...

I ordered these wheels from Vivid Racing on April 3rd, mainly to be able to have them on my beast when I ran the Nevada Open Road Challenge a couple weekends ago. I was told by both Vivid and MHT (they make Niche wheels) that not only would I have NO problems running a 305/30 rear tire (which is what I want...more rubber under the rear), but they'd also be ready in time for me to get them mounted a couple days before this open road race I was going to run...which I was leaving to participate in on May 13th at the VERY latest. Originally they told me it'd be close, but I should have them by then. Sometime in the first week of May, I was told the wheels would be ready for me on the 9th - YAY! Well, I called Vivid on the 8th to see what time the next day (a Friday) I could come pick up my wheels, and was told "OH, those won't be ready until the 14th.".......and I friggin' FLIPPED, because I had made reservations and other plans based on having the wheels on the 9th, like I was told I would. After being told that "any delivery date on the wheels [I was given] was not a guarantee, it was an estimate", I threatened to cancel my order because not being advised of this change of delivery date really screwed a lot of things up for me. I was told "you can't cancel, it's a custom order" - note: at NO time yet, was Vivid doing anything but trying to cover their *** and tell me I had no proof I was told of a May 9th delivery date! They even took it so far as to make me listen to recordings of (what the manager there claimed to be) every call between myself and my Vivid rep. And wouldn't ya know it...mysteriously, there was no call where I was told the wheels would be ready on the 9th!

Anyway...Vivid's efforts "To exceed our customers expectations through customer satisfaction" consisted of finally agreeing to make MHT pay to have the brand new Michelin Pilot SuperSport 305/30-20 and 275/35-20 tires I had had waiting at my favorite Discount Tire location shipped over to a Las Vegas (where I was, since the race was there) and to next-day-air the wheels to the same Discount once they were finally ready on the 14th...meaning they wouldn't arrive until the afternoon of the 15th, which was when all the event participants were to caravan the 4 hour drive up to Ely from Vegas. So I get to the Discount Tire just after the wheels finally do, they carefully get the tires mounted and also carefully mount these GORGEOUS black chrome wheels onto my Carbon Black M5. Sorry for the semi-blurry phone pic, but it's the only shot I took at the time...figuring I'd have the next 4 days at the event to take more:

So I take off for Ely, hoping to maybe catch up to the others, who had left a couple hours ago. But less than a mile down the road, I hear the rear tires rubbing...BAD. So I make a quick detour to a friend's shop and give the rear fenders a good, but quick look to see where the rubbing was occurring. After carefully cutting out about 5 inches of inner-fender lip from the front side of each rear fender (don't worry, I'm very good with cutting wheels on grinders...you can barely tell! LOL), I figured that should do it and got on the road again. But on bumps that were not big enough to be IN-frequent on the roads I'd be running on, there was still some pretty painful-sounding rubbing going on back there. DAMMIT...so I detour back to Discount Tire, making it there literally FIVE MINUTES before they closed. The manager there was cool enough, nice enough and (the part that Vivid completely lacks) professional enough to put my factory wheels & tires back on my car and box up the wheels and tires I was told would work without a problem, to be shipped back to Phoenix for me...which Vivid had arranged for MHT to pay for.

SO...I have this set of 4 Niche Monotec Lucerne wheels (20x11 ET 30, and 20x9.5 ET 15), beautifully powder-coated in black chrome, with MAYBE 50-60 miles on them that will not work for the application I had purchased them for. But I do know that not everyone would need/want/require to run a 305 width tire in the rear, and that there might be one or two of you on here that would be just fine with a 285 width tire in the rear if it were mounted on these sick-looking Niche wheels. And if you're already starting to yell "DUDE....GET TO THE PRICE! HOW MUCH??" at your screen right now, you're probably the ones I'm posting this for, LOL!

If you want these wheels, which have near perfect offsets for our beasts (I asked for 10 on the fronts, but MHT said they could only do 15 due to "strength issues"), you can have them now...instead of waiting at least 6 weeks for them to be custom forged by MHT...for what I paid for them, which is $4,440.00 + half the cost of shipping. I'll cover half the shipping cost due to the wheels not being ABSOLUTELY brand new. Fair? And I'll put up some non-blurry pics of each wheel tomorrow afternoon ('cause they won't get here from Vegas until tomorrow...long story, lol).

EDIT: IF you were to order these wheels from Vivid or MHT right now, you'd pay $4,802.00 and would not have them for at least 6 weeks! Check Niche Wheels Monotec Series T56 Lucerne 20 Inch Wheel if you don't believe me. Just be sure to check the extra they charge for wheels in these widths.

This is a one or two day sale, at the most, ok? If I don't get a deal locked in with a buyer by Thursday afternoon (May 29th), I'll be returning these wheels to Vivid's lobby and disputing the $4,440.00 I paid for them with my CC company. I just figured I'd offer the option of getting these very, very sweet wheels without having to wait for them to be made to my fellow forum members before sticking them back up Vivid Racing's bunghole. :haha: So if you want 'em, ya better make a move and get ahold of me A.S.A.P. For those of you who are interested but can't PM yet, you can email me direct at my forum username (pyrozona) at gmail.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Wheels

Good luck with the sale. It really sucks to order something made for your car but in the end it doesn't work out. The wheels are beautiful. I ordered my wheels from bc forged and Mine are same offsets in the rear but 5 in the front.. I'm running pss 295/30/20 rear without any issues. I know u said u wanted more meat in the rear but u can go down to 295..?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had asked for 5 on the fronts, but MHT said 15 was as far as they could go due to "strength issues".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts