BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just received my VT1-560 Supercharger System from ESS Tuning in July. Before I had the chance to install it, my car developed rod knock due to a spun bearing (see thread on this board). At this time, most of my options for repairing the car are quite expensive. At the very bottom of my list now is supercharging so the kit is for sale. It pains me greatly to give up this SC kit. I sold half my gun collection and bunch of other items to buy it.

When you check out on ESS your total will be $4995 plus $200 for shipping. Save a couple hundred and buy my still new kit.

Looking to get $4700 shipped anywhere in continental US. That will save you $500 bucks vs buying from ESS and you will not need to wait for the kit to get prepped and shipped.

The packing list has been signed off to ESS prior to shipping to me and I've verified that every component on the list is present and good to go (most of the smaller parts on the packing list are in the 2 baggies at the top right of my picture). This is the exact kit you see here which ESS claims to make 500whp: http://www.esstuning.com/products/E39-M5-VT1%2d560-Supercharger-System.html

PM me, email at dmargrave @ g mail dot com or shoot me a text message at 404-790-thirty six fifty

Reactions: Asb9987

·
Registered
794 Posts
I've been following your thread and it saddens me to hear that you have to sell the ESS S/C to address the rod knock issue, GLWS and hope you get the beast back to proper order!

·
Banned
3,793 Posts

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
yeah this is a great kit, easy to install and the guys at ESS are top notch when it comes to customer support and sorting any install questions/issues you may have.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Warranty?

Will it transfer to someone other than the original buyer?

Thanks.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Warranty?

Will it transfer to someone other than the original buyer?

Thanks.
Yep, good to go on warranty. Here's the email I received from Mike at ESS confirming. Also he will put the buyers name on my PO in the records so that they have that name on file in case.

"Hi Daniel,

Talked to Roman today and says as long as it hasn't been used as all parts are still in the box then yes the warranty can be switched over to them. A few things do need to happen: 1) print this email out for new owner 2) the new owner will need your info such as Name and purchase order#. This will help if he ever needed to use a warranty claim and also when they email in for there software, they will need to provide a PO#. Hope that helps."

·
Registered
505 Posts
O boy............!!!! Just a touch out of reach at the moment!

·
Registered
415 Posts
still available? PM sent.

·
Registered
12,923 Posts
Yep, still available.
Just so everyone knows, the original kit (VT 550) which is similar originally retailed for about 2X what this kit is going for!!

I know pricing has come down, but if you want to supercharge your car, I don't know that you will ever see a better price than this for what is a brand new kit in the box, with full warranty!!!

No affiliation with the Seller.

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Just so everyone knows, the original kit (VT 550) which is similar originally retailed for about 2X what this kit is going for!!

I know pricing has come down, but if you want to supercharge your car, I don't know that you will ever see a better price than this for what is a brand new kit in the box, with full warranty!!!

Regards,
Jerry
I'm sitting here staring and debating. Stop pushing me! :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Regards,
Jerry
Agreed and thank you.

·
Registered
6,632 Posts

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts