BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
00 E39 M5; 07 E64 M6; 11 E70 X535D
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I have a 2007 E64 M6 with 46K miles on her. I have noticed over the past few months that when I break hard it pulls to the right (Passenger Side). I have not noticed any more brake dust on the Driver side or Passenger side of the wheels. The temperatures are about the same, as well. I did a brake fluid flush and no change. The suspensions seem to all look well. I will be checking out the driver side caliper this weekend or next and I will look at the passenger side, as well. Do you all think it is most likely the caliper sticking?

Any other thoughts will be great!

Thank you,

Chris

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yeah, my first thoughts were the other side caliper isn't engaging for some reason. I'd remove tire and caliper and see if it slides easily. make sure pads are not caked up with brake dust and not able to slide. if all that looks good, may be time to pull the hose off and make sure nothing clogged, which doesn't sound like it if you were able to get a succesful brake flush. are your brake pedals tight? not spongy? push to resistance and stay there at some final stopping point?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts