BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who sells the best deal on Rotors, pads, and SS lines? Looking to do a bit of an upgrade to slotted rotors and some decent pads with SS lines and a fluid flush.

Thanks

·
Registered
568 Posts
Brake questions are like "What oil should I use" questions.

There are a TON of posts on this. Just search.
Since we're on that topic....what is the best oil I can use? :biggrinbounce:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Soo many options! Do some research!

Answers can vary depending your budget (BBK) or if you plan to track your car.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Why do you think you need slotted rotors? Stainless steel lines? Buy new OEM stuff, rebuild the calipers and flush the fluid. Unless you are building a track car, the OE break system is more than enough.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im not looking to upgrade the calipers, just rotors and pads. I already ordered SS lines I just didn't know if anyone had an idea on who had the best deals.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Im not looking to upgrade the calipers, just rotors and pads. I already ordered SS lines I just didn't know if anyone had an idea on who had the best deals.

Tirerack has great prices on Stoptech slotted rotors. I heard rockauto had good prices on them, too. Get new retainer screws. I just put the stoptechs on my car and had to drill the retaining screws because they were seized on there.

For pads, you are going to have to make the tradeoffs between bite, stopping power, dust, noise, etc. I got the Posi Quiet Ceramics and they have less bite than OEM, but MUCH less dust. They are less on/off as well but require a little more pedal effort. I don't particularly like them, but I do like clean wheels.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ended up installing the ECS exact fit SS lines and flushing the fluid with ATE Super Blue. Fluid was real nasty and a few of the OEM lines had begun to degrade. This was deff a worthwhile mod!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Where did you get the ATE super blue from? Last two websites I looked at said it wasn't available. How do you like the feel with new lines & fluid?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Where did you get the ATE super blue from? Last two websites I looked at said it wasn't available. How do you like the feel with new lines & fluid?
I got everything from ECS Tuning. The car feels much better since the flush and line change! Cheap easy mod thats well worth the money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts