BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

141 - 160 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Nanajoth... I ordered some EBC pads last week and they didn't fit.

Also the pads you called out do not have the holes for the pins and spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Those EBC pads that are underneath the worn pad in your photo are not the correct ones. The 3886C I am looking at here look to be the same size as the worn pad in your photo. Did they send you the correct part number?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Nanajoth... I ordered some EBC pads last week and they didn't fit.

Also the pads you called out do not have the holes for the pins and spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Those pads look the same as what i was sent when sorting my brakes out. I went for ferrod DS2500 first and thats what they sent me

i had to measure the OE pads in the end and my supplier came up with the EBD yellows. as the reds are a bit ****.

I might have the box still for the front pads with the part number on them i'll have a look for you

·
Registered
207 Posts
I had a hell of a time finding ones for my E31 kit. I have the dinan single piston 850ci calipers but realized my setup is for the 91-93 caliper which has a different pad from the 94-5. I ended up getting lucky and cross referencing them and found Hawk HPS pads which worked. Otherwise there weren't many good options.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I have the 1995 m5 brakes on all 4 corners of my car. I've done over 20,000kms (probably close to 30,000) on the current set of disks, including 20-30 track days, 5 hill climbs, two Targa events and plenty other hard and intense driving. I do implement proper cooling down procedures. However, I have never had any issues with these disks and they still have plenty of meat on them...

·
Registered
572 Posts
How is your experience with the rotors. Have you been warping them. Are those good enough to drive hard?

awsome, with the right pads fluid are well up to track work and slowing these 1700kgs beasts down at an alarming rate.

The floating setup obviously helps with heat dissipation

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 93 M5 Euro with the 3.8 and Nurburgring Pkg. I need to do the brakes.
Are all four of the floating or just the front? Or are they all normal rotors?

It would be great if someone would be able to help me
Last Seven on VIN: GD63580

·
10,445 Posts
I have a 93 M5 Euro with the 3.8 and Nurburgring Pkg. I need to do the brakes.
Are all four of the floating or just the front? Or are they all normal rotors?

It would be great if someone would be able to help me
Last Seven on VIN: GD63580
your car does not have these brakes, unless they have been added by you or a previous owner. the 345/328 brakes came late 94/95 model year cars.

Your 93 would have 'normal' m5 brakes, no floating rotors.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Yes, even so. The 345/328 brakes were only fitted to what is generally known as the '1995' model M5 (although production started in 1994). A large part of what distinguishes the 1995 model from earlier 3.8's is the brakes, together with the 6 speed gearbox.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I have the 345/328mm brakes on my M540i, so use oem disks mated to DJRacing custom pads (thanks Farrell - pads still doing a great job many track days and Targas since). As such, can't provide any useful comment on the disks and pads you mention. Maybe others can?

141 - 160 of 169 Posts