BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

121 - 140 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just want to make a notise to the 345x32, ///M ATE 4pot drivers out there.
The list on post #97 for the EBC is wrong as comented by jrobbo in post #100.

Just got the Yellowstuff DP41032R after reading the EBC catalog wrong. And they dont fit. DP41032R are 1032R design: 120x71x17mm.
And the calipers needs EBC 3886C design pads: 100x83x18mm.
Making the right EBC pads for the ///M ate 4pots of what I can se before I got the new in:
Greenstuff: DP2886
Redstuff: DP3886C
Yellowstuff: DP4886R

It seems to me that the post #97 list are also wrong under E32 324x30 pads. They should have switched places.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Anyone tested if BMW 750iAL E38 (334x32mm) rotors (non floating) fit with the ///M 4pot calipers? I'm looking for a cheap set of rotors as they are half the price almost and that would be nice to have installed on the car when using it as a daily driver and then only use the 345x32mm rotors with a separate set of pads that are used with them, when you go visit the track for example.

Or if rotors from a BMW E60 545i (348x30mm) would work?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
E60 has smaller hub diameter ( 72 vs 74) than E34 so rotors won't fit straight on.

E38 rotors have different offset, they won't fit either.

·
Registered
16 Posts
E60 has smaller hub diameter ( 72 vs 74) than E34 so rotors won't fit straight on.

E38 rotors have different offset, they won't fit either.

Hmm. If the e60 has 72 hub diameter then it's the same as e34, only the e39 uses the larger 74mm hub! And the e60 AFAIK has ET20.

That would be sweet to fit as they are 3mm larger in total and that shouldn't be a problem with the calipers IIRC when i meassured.

And the E38 as far as i know has an ET of 20 also same as the E34, hence i was wondering :) Though it seems like the e60 545i rotors is the way to go/test then. Will definately look deeper into that!

So what do you think?

·
Registered
16 Posts
No one else that has any thoughts about this or more info?

Because it seems that the info in that previous reply to my post doesn't seem to match up with reality. So that's why i'm still curious :)
I know i can't expect anyone to have tested it already, but everything else seems to line up with the ET and hub size, but i don't know if you can actually match the wheel ET with the rotor ET, so that's the only thing making me unsure, as i don't know how deep they are.

Is there no one on this forums who owns a 545i e60 or e38 750iAL togheter with an m5 e34 95 that can see how they match up side by side? :) Or anyone who has access to these parts and can just line them all 3 (if possible) side by side.

That would be great if you could find an alternative rotor to put on the BMW, and that it is an OEM rotor is what i like the most.

Or if anyone has any other ideas of what other rotors might fit or can be used with the ///M 4 pots?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
you are right I messed up the hubs in my head, E60 is indeed back to E34 hub

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just want to make a notise to the 345x32, ///M ATE 4pot drivers out there.
The list on post #97 for the EBC is wrong as comented by jrobbo in post #100.

Just got the Yellowstuff DP41032R after reading the EBC catalog wrong. And they dont fit. DP41032R are 1032R design: 120x71x17mm.
And the calipers needs EBC 3886C design pads: 100x83x18mm.
Making the right EBC pads for the ///M ate 4pots of what I can se before I got the new in:
Greenstuff: DP2886
Redstuff: DP3886C
Yellowstuff: DP4886R

It seems to me that the post #97 list are also wrong under E32 324x30 pads. They should have switched places.
Just got the Yellowstuff: DP4886R pads. And they fit perfect. Same size as original pads:cool2:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Any updates?

I've figured that the e38 750iL 334x32mm rotors will fit!
Though now i'm curious to if the e60 545i rotors will also fit (348x30mm) which are lightweight rotors, that could save up some nice weight and be cheaper to aquire too! I am sure curious if 1.5mm extra on the radius will make a different to the calipers mounting spot. I would think not, but i rather know for sure before i play along.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Any updates?

I've figured that the e38 750iL 334x32mm rotors will fit!
Though now i'm curious to if the e60 545i rotors will also fit (348x30mm) which are lightweight rotors, that could save up some nice weight and be cheaper to aquire too! I am sure curious if 1.5mm extra on the radius will make a different to the calipers mounting spot. I would think not, but i rather know for sure before i play along.
I know that UUC uses the e60 550i calipers with their Wilwood kit on their website.

http://store.uucmotorwerks.com/super-performance-brake-kit---wilwood-superlite-348mm-rotor-front-only-82-95-e24e28e31e32e34-p524.aspx

·
Registered
2 Posts
No one else that has any thoughts about this or more info?

Because it seems that the info in that previous reply to my post doesn't seem to match up with reality. So that's why i'm still curious :)
I know i can't expect anyone to have tested it already, but everything else seems to line up with the ET and hub size, but i don't know if you can actually match the wheel ET with the rotor ET, so that's the only thing making me unsure, as i don't know how deep they are.

Is there no one on this forums who owns a 545i e60 or e38 750iAL togheter with an m5 e34 95 that can see how they match up side by side? :) Or anyone who has access to these parts and can just line them all 3 (if possible) side by side.

That would be great if you could find an alternative rotor to put on the BMW, and that it is an OEM rotor is what i like the most.

Or if anyone has any other ideas of what other rotors might fit or can be used with the ///M 4 pots?

Thanks
Its been years since this thread but I just stumbled onto it. The E39 hubs have a larger wheel pilot, but the brake rotor pilot is the same as the E34 and E60. I recently installed a home built big brake kit on my road E34 which has an E39 6 cyl aluminum front sub frame and rack & pinion steering. I used E60 M5 rotors, 370/374mm and Brembo OEM 6 piston/4 piston calipers. My calipers were from a Cadillac CTS-V but various Camaro, Corvette, Viper, Mustang, Ferrari calipers are basically the same design.

My Chumpcar E34 has E38 750i front brakes. Both systems needed custom caliper and bracket work.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Its been years since this thread but I just stumbled onto it. The E39 hubs have a larger wheel pilot, but the brake rotor pilot is the same as the E34 and E60. I recently installed a home built big brake kit on my road E34 which has an E39 6 cyl aluminum front sub frame and rack & pinion steering. I used E60 M5 rotors, 370/374mm and Brembo OEM 6 piston/4 piston calipers. My calipers were from a Cadillac CTS-V but various Camaro, Corvette, Viper, Mustang, Ferrari calipers are basically the same design.

My Chumpcar E34 has E38 750i front brakes. Both systems needed custom caliper and bracket work.
Fascinating. I'm interested in your rack conversion. Which e39 rack did you use?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am thinking about upgrading.
I am now running the ///M calipers and 345 discs. Any ideas what would be best to go with?
Is it possible to run any other discs and calipers on that hub?

·
Registered
758 Posts
I'm trying to source pads for the 345 setup right now. Anybody have any ideas?

I am unable to get OE pads in the US and I would like an upgraded pad if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
575 Posts
I'm trying to source pads for the 345 setup right now. Anybody have any ideas?

I am unable to get OE pads in the US and I would like an upgraded pad if possible.

UK company EBC yellowstuff pads. They make them front and rear pads

I fitted a front rear set to my 6 speed and it transformed the system from the stock BMW pads fitted which gave loads of dust and were mushy with no feel to the pedal.

These work fine from cold and then with a little heat in them even just road driving is enough they really get to work. Fantastic

·
Registered
758 Posts
Excellent news! Thank you bumbaclut! Is there a specific part number I should use when ordering?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Greg is working on a kit. He was using brembo F50 calipers, but has said they are hard to source.

Lee out of Canada had a nice wilwood kit, you can see it here: massive brakes
What kind of kit is Greg doing?

Im not sure what his current thoughts are for a kit, but knowing him, it will be very very nice.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e34-m5-discussion/84406-brake-pad-thread-345mm-m5-csi-floating-disks-324mm-e32-4-pot-calipers-new-post.html#/forumsite/20552/topics/475521?page=1

121 - 140 of 169 Posts