BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 169 Posts

·
10,445 Posts
a less expensive option than the late 3.8 brakes is using 840 calipers and rotors, the calipers are 4 piston units made by brembo. The rotors are a little bigger, i want to say 324mm, but that's from memory. There was a pair of these calipers on ebay that sold for over $700! (i checked with my friend at my local dealership parts dept and found i could buy them brand new for just a bit more than that).
There are a set on ebay.co.uk right now, but the shipping would probably make them more expensive than buying new.

the later 3.8 4 piston calipers are quite expensive new.

·
Registered
505 Posts
How many pistons are my current calipers?

Looks like I might just end up buying some Zimmerman Slotted/Drilled rotors, some Hawk pads, and stainless steel brake lines with some nice brake fluid and call it done.

Might not be worth my while to got hrough all the trouble, the M5 stops well enough as it is.

What about e32 750 calipers/rotors? Will they work?

·
10,445 Posts
How many pistons are my current calipers?

Looks like I might just end up buying some Zimmerman Slotted/Drilled rotors, some Hawk pads, and stainless steel brake lines with some nice brake fluid and call it done.

Might not be worth my while to got hrough all the trouble, the M5 stops well enough as it is.

What about e32 750 calipers/rotors? Will they work?
a 3.6 has a single piston caliper. I agree that they work pretty well for street use. My e39 has a stoptech bbk, and the e34 has much better brake feel stock than the e39 can ever hope to have.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have a 92 3.8 and I waited untill a pair of calipers came up for sale then bought, painted and fitted them to my car. After discussions with darren from DARJAC it was recommended to put new rotors and pads into the second hand calipers. When I was looking around I only found the 850 had the larger rotos with the four pot caliper not the 840. I hope this helps
andy

·
Registered
32 Posts
Update on the Ferodo pads.

Picked up a full set of DS2500s for 150quid from circuit supplies.

However the fronts (FCP646H) are about 1cm shallower than original.
They fit the caliper no problem and the pistons do not overlap the bottom of the pad. But just how less effective will they be. i figure they will still be better than OEM! Will have them fitted before ring trip.

The rears (FCP578H) are spot on.
I am bringing this thread back from the dead, since I am researching brakepads for my Touring, I am not happy with the OEM pads. Also the Touring is getting Goodridge brake hoses...

How were the FCP646H pads on the Ring? Do you feel that the 1 cm missing on the pad is an issue when braking?

Not to be a party-pooper, but isn't FCP857 / FDS857 the correct part number from Ferodo?!

Have a look here:
http://www.elcome.co.uk/fmecat/fsp/CarSpecs.asp?pn=FCP857
Just change the part number at the end, and you can easily compare the pads! :) The 578-pad is for a bunch of BMWs...

·
Registered
505 Posts
Just to confirm.
If I was to use the 750 4 pot(piston) calipers on my 3.6 M5, do I use the 324mm rotors or the 345mm rotors?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Just to confirm.
If I was to use the e32 750 4 pot(piston) calipers on my 3.6 M5, do I use the 324mm rotors or the 345mm rotors?

·
Registered
505 Posts
So how can I use the bigger rotors?
Are my current M5 rotors 324mm?

Sorrry for the nobb Questions.

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
I'm pretty sure Bubba996 had the answer for you

Sorry about the :blabla: but I think the choices made in BMWM5lovers last post, raise quite a few questions. The reason I think this could be because I'm a novice and everyone probably already knows the answers to the questions below, but just in case, here's what I'm thinking. If most of the questions are just a bunch of rubbish, can someone please post a reply saying this is a bunch of rubbish or words to that effect, then at least I'll know !

As Bubba996 said earlier, this site http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/upgrade/brakes.htm has what looks like a thorough list of BM rotor and caliper options for an E34. I can't find a 4-spot caliper from an E32 listed there. If you found an E32 4-spot caliper and have the part number, can you post it please. If you want 4-spot calipers on an E34, this page recommends fitting 840/850 rotors (324mm) and 840/850 4-spot calipers. BTW, the caliper part number in the table for these parts has a digit missing, it should say,
34 11 1 161 177/178 (the "1" after the "6" is missing)
and according to the ETK, they are a Brembo caliper.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it also says the E32 calipers are matched with 302mm rotors, which are smaller than the standard 3.6 M5 rotors (315mm), which doesn't seem like a step up to me. Could be an increase pad area I guess, but increased rotor size should provide more stopping power for the same applied force; correct ?

Most calipers have a carrier on which they are mounted. The carrier then mounts the caliper to the strut. The dimensions of the carrier/caliper combination determines the size of rotor that will fit inside that carrier/caliper pair. Here are the 2-spot and 4-spot 850 calipers. Note the 4-spot calipers don't have a carrier, the 2-spot calipers do.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.do?model=EG13&mospid=47335&hg=34&fg=05

For a moment, let's assume the 4-spot E32 calipers are designed to work with 302mm rotors. Then the standard carrier for those calipers will position the caliper the right distance away from the strut to accomodate a 302mm rotor.

Someone else may be able to help with this, but to fit the E32 4-spot caliper to 324mm or 345mm rotors, I think you will have discard the standard E32 4-spot carrier (if it exists and if it matches to a 302mm rotor) and choose a carrier that matches the rotor you want, so the caliper is far enough away from the strut to accommodate the larger rotors. This raises one more question, do all calipers have the same mount hole dimensions, i.e. will the carrier that matches the desired rotor size, have mounting holes that will match the mounting holes on the E-32 4-spot caliper ? :lightbulb:

By being a novice, I may have a made something known to be simple, complicated, but fitting the 850 brakes is looking really easy right now, because it's actually been done ! :1:

This page describes a project to fit the E31 8 series (324mm) rotors and 4-spot calipers. :biggrinbounce:
http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/upgrade/brakes_850i.htm

If you want 345mm rotors, you could fit the 3.8 M5 parts. There have been a couple of fairly polarising discussions on this board about these brakes. You may want to check them out before you make that decision.
Also, the 345mm rotors seem to need regular professional inspection which may not suit you. See the paragraph "Euro M5 brakes" between the 2 tables on the page identified at the top of my post.

Regards,

Reg.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,273 Posts
The two biggest issues with the June 1994 onward 4 pot Ate calipers & floating rotors is imho :

The calipers are cast iron & are heavier than my dad.
They work well with a rebuild every so often which is pistons & dust seals.
The inside lower piston is the one that seizes in my experience.

The std chocolate Textar pads !
Wtf were they thinking ?:dunno:
These pads are made by Cadburys.
I believe they are the biggest problem in the system.
They are organically bound & when used hard migrate to the clamp face of the
excellent rotors = hot spots & judder.
Dump the pads for decent aftermarket high performance pads.

The floating rotors :
Compound sand or Skim the rotors or fit new ones in conjunction with Carbon Kevlar based pads.
( The original pad material may contaminate the new pads otherwise)
Make sure the hub face is spotless before fitment.

If care & maintenance is applied, they are durable.
They are not a match for Mov-it or AP or Brembo 4 pots ultimately.

Cheers

·
Registered
186 Posts
E32 4-pot calipers found

Hi all.

I found another thread talking about E32 4-spot calipers. I couldn't help myself, I had to find out what was going on. Lookie here, E32 4-spot calipers !

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.do?model=GB82&mospid=47352&hg=34&fg=05

34 11 1 159 775 & 776, no carrier required

And it appears as though they match 324mm x 30mm rotors.

Problem solved !

Having said that, Farrell's comments might turn you off these.

Some how the part identifier for the pads for the 4-spots seem to align closely with Farrell's view of the world.

The std chocolate Textar pads !
Wtf were they thinking ?:dunno:
These pads are made by Cadburys.
I believe they are the biggest problem in the system.
They are organically bound & when used hard migrate to the clamp face of the
excellent rotors = hot spots & judder.
Dump the pads for decent aftermarket high performance pads.
The pads are identified as part RS-12. It's an omen !
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=GB82&mospid=47352&btnr=34_0363&hg=34&fg=05

Regards,

Reg.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hi Farrell

A clarification please.

Is it the 4-spot E32 calipers that weigh a ton or the 4-spot E31 Brembo calipers or both ?

Regards,

Reg.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Some Part Numbers Needed

There are sooo many different calipers being thrown on a big pile here, that its easy to lose track.

The E31 ones will fit E34.
The E31 CSI ones are the same as floater E34 M5
The E31 840 Brembo resemble the E38 ones (that don't fit!), fit the E34, but different from:
The E32 750iLs ones, which fit the E34 obviously, have the same components as the floater calipers yet carry smaller rotors ( 324 over 345mm).

It appears that there are other brakes for the E34:

1) the brakes used on BT's, Lucas/ Girling cast iron
2) the brakes used on B10 V8 E34's, which are the same as 750 ones if I am correct in my observation.
Hi Wout.
I think you're right on the money !
Check this table
http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/upgrade/brakes.htm
Part numbers bring precision to description

Here is an ETK page with E-32 4-spot calipers.
http://www.realoem.com/bmw/partgrp.d...52&hg=34&fg=05
I don't know if there are other 4-spot calipers that were used in the E32, so I don't know if they are the ones that fit the E34; does anyone know ?
I'm pretty sure the 2-spot calipers in the same diagram are exactly the same units as are in my E34 540i LE, so my best guess is these calipers should fit an E34.

The new table below is mostly from www.bmwE34.net
If any one knows any of these to be incorrect, let me know, I'll fix it and republish it.
Are there any other combinations we should be adding ?

At the very least, someone in the know should be checking,
Combo D as valid for fitting an E34 and
Combo F had an incomplete caliper part number, I think the correct part number should have a "1" added after the "6", which I have done.

I have the table as an excel spreadsheet. We must not lose the acknowledgement to the source as the material is copyrighted by BMWE34.net.

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 430pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=573 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 37pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1792" width=49><COL style="WIDTH: 77pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3766" width=103><COL style="WIDTH: 63pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3072" width=84><COL style="WIDTH: 66pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3218" width=88><COL style="WIDTH: 72pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3510" width=96><COL style="WIDTH: 57pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2779" width=76><COL style="WIDTH: 58pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2816" width=77><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 25.5pt" height=34><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 37pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 25.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=49 height=34>
Combo

</TD><TD class=xl25 id=r00 style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: black 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: black 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 77pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=103>
Bmw Model

</TD><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: black 0.5pt solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BORDER-LEFT: black; WIDTH: 63pt; PADDING-TOP: 0cm; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=84>
Rotor size

</TD><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: black 0.5pt solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BORDER-LEFT: black; WIDTH: 66pt; PADDING-TOP: 0cm; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=88>
Rotor part#

</TD><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: black 0.5pt solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BORDER-LEFT: black; WIDTH: 72pt; PADDING-TOP: 0cm; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=96>
Caliper part# L/R

</TD><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: black 0.5pt solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BORDER-LEFT: black; WIDTH: 57pt; PADDING-TOP: 0cm; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=76>
Clip part#

</TD><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: black 0.5pt solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BORDER-LEFT: black; WIDTH: 58pt; PADDING-TOP: 0cm; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=77>
Carrier

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 14.1pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=18><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 37pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 28.2pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=49 height=36 rowSpan=2>
A

</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 77pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=103>
E32 730i (L6&V8)

</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 63pt; PADDING-TOP: 0cm; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=84 rowSpan=2>
V 302 x 22

</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 66pt; PADDING-TOP: 0cm; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=88 rowSpan=2>
34 11 1 160 936

</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 72pt; PADDING-TOP: 0cm; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=96 rowSpan=2>
34 11 1 160 367/368

</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 57pt; PADDING-TOP: 0cm; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=76 rowSpan=2>
34 11 1 157 687

</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0cm; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 58pt; PADDING-TOP: 0cm; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=77 rowSpan=2>
34 11 1 160 366

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 14.1pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=18><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 77pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 14.1pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=103 height=18>
E34 525i-535i-530i

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 14.1pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=18><TD class=xl29 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 42.3pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=54 rowSpan=3>
B

</TD><TD class=xl30 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 77pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=103>
E32 735i/il L6

</TD><TD class=xl31 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 63pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=84 rowSpan=3>
V 302 x 28

</TD><TD class=xl31 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 66pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=88 rowSpan=3>
34 11 6 756 090

</TD><TD class=xl31 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 72pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=96 rowSpan=3>
34 11 1 160 363/364

</TD><TD class=xl31 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 57pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=76 rowSpan=3>
34 11 1 157 687

</TD><TD class=xl31 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 58pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=77 rowSpan=3>
34 11 1 160 365

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 14.1pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=18><TD class=xl30 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 77pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 14.1pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=103 height=18>
E32 740i/il-750i/il

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 14.1pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=18><TD class=xl30 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 77pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 14.1pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=103 height=18>
E34 540i

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 27.95pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=37><TD class=xl29 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 27.95pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=37>
C

</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 77pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=103>
E34 M5 3.6

</TD><TD class=xl31 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 63pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=84>
V 315 x 28

</TD><TD class=xl31 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 66pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=88>
34 11 2 226 385

</TD><TD class=xl31 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 72pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=96>
34 11 2 226 873/874

</TD><TD class=xl31 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 57pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=76>
34 11 1 157 687

</TD><TD class=xl31 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 58pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=77>
34 11 2 226 875

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 27.95pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=37><TD class=xl29 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 27.95pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=37>
D

</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 77pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=103>
E32 740i/il-750i/il

</TD><TD class=xl31 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 63pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=84>
V324 x 30

</TD><TD class=xl31 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 66pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=88>
34 11 6 757 746

</TD><TD class=xl31 id=r10 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 72pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=96>
34 11 1 159 775/776

</TD><TD class=xl31 id=r00 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 57pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=76>
none

</TD><TD class=xl31 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 58pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=77>
none

E

</TD><TD class=xl33 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 77pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=103>
E31 840/850Csi

</TD><TD class=xl34 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 63pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=84>
V 324 x 30

</TD><TD class=xl34 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 66pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=88>
34 11 1 159 895

</TD><TD class=xl34 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 72pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=96>
34 11 1 160 325/326

</TD><TD class=xl34 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 57pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=76>
34 11 1 159 957

</TD><TD class=xl34 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 58pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=77>
34 11 1 160 327

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 14.1pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=18><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 37pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 28.2pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=49 height=36 rowSpan=2>
F

</TD><TD class=xl35 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 77pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=103 rowSpan=2>
E31 840/850

</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 63pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=84 rowSpan=2>
V 324 x 30

</TD><TD class=xl36 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 66pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=88>
34 11 6 756 087

</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 72pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=96 rowSpan=2>
34 11 1 161 177/178

</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 57pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=76 rowSpan=2>
none

</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 58pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=77 rowSpan=2>
none

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 14.1pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=18><TD class=xl36 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 66pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 14.1pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=88 height=18>
34 11 1 161 086

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 25.5pt" height=34><TD class=xl29 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 25.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=34>
G

E38 750il

V 334 x 32

34 11 6 757 756

</TD><TD class=xl31 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 72pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=96>
does not fit

</TD><TD class=xl31 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 57pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=76>
does not fit

does not fit

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 25.5pt" height=34><TD class=xl29 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 25.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=34>
H

E34 M5 3.8 ('95)

V 345 x 32

34 11 2 227 735/736

34 11 2 227 115/116

34 11 2 227 506

</TD><TD class=xl38 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 58pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=77>
Requires 17" wheels

</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl43 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-ignore: colspan" colSpan=2 height=17>V is Ventilated Disc</TD><TD class=xl41 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 63pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=84></TD><TD class=xl41 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 66pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=88></TD><TD class=xl41 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 72pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=96></TD><TD class=xl41 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 57pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=76></TD><TD class=xl42 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 58pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=77></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl39 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-ignore: colspan" colSpan=3 height=17>Combos D, F & H are 4 -spot calipers</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl39 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-ignore: colspan" colSpan=5 height=17>Combo E 93-95 for the US 850Csi and up to 08/93 for other US Models</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl39 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-ignore: colspan" colSpan=3 height=17>Combo F 840-850 from 08/93 on</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl39 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-ignore: colspan" colSpan=5 height=17>Raw information for Combos A-C & E-H was originally obtained from</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl39 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-ignore: colspan" colSpan=4 height=17>http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/upgrade/brakes.htm</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl39 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-ignore: colspan" colSpan=5 height=17>Combo D added during the development of this thread by E34_nut</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl39 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-ignore: colspan" colSpan=5 height=17>NEEDS CONFIRMATION FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS DONE IT</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl39 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-ignore: colspan" colSpan=5 height=17>Combo F had an incomplete part number for the caliper,</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl39 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-ignore: colspan" colSpan=6 height=17>I believe the correct number requires a "1" added after the "6". This has been done.</TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​

Regards,

Reg.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
FCP646H fit the ATE 4 piston caliper (1cm short! see photo)- M5 & 850 CSI with 345mm discs, and 750il with 324mm discs. They are the same caliper EXCEPT the mounting holes are on a different radius to accomodate the different size discs. 750il calipers are stamped with 'BMW' the M5 & 850CSI stamped with M logo.

Haven't been to the ring, but work great on repeated high speed autobahn runs. Need a bit of heat and make a bit of noise. But freat initial bite and no fade as yet. When I get the car back on the road I'll be off to the ring or the alps for some anti-diesel-mondeo therapy!!!

Both are a direct bolt on to any M5.

FCP857 are for the single piston, M5 with 315mm disc, E32 and E31 also (with varying disc sizes - 302 and 324mm I think.

FCP578 fit a whole host of single piston rears.

Attachments

·
Registered
505 Posts
AHA! So in essense, I can run e32 750IL 4 pot calipers part number 34 11 1 159 775 & 776, WITH 324 mm rotors? Along with a decent set of PADS, I should do quite well.
NOW, aren't m5 rotors 342mm?

If i have the e32 calipers, can I still run my 16" winter rims?

61 - 80 of 169 Posts