BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Forum...

Looking for some help as my 2003 M5 appears to have a gremlin.

I keep getting messages to check my brake lights, check my high beams, and check my side lights. Of course, I have checked them and they all function properly... yet for some reason I continue to get these warning messages.

Another strange thing is that my car alarm comes on for no reason. I was standing in the driveway the other day, looking at my car, and the alarm went off for no reason. I had to run into the house and pull the keys out of a drawer to turn off the alarm.

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks for any advice...

Brandon

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Well I dont know if this is going to be much help but that happened to me but only with the liscense plate light. When I checked the light it was working fine. I believe the check control went on for a couple of days( I wasnt to worried because I could see the light was working properly) and then one day it just stopped going off. It hasnt come back on since

·
Company Representative for Valley Motorwerks
763 Posts
Hi Forum...

Looking for some help as my 2003 M5 appears to have a gremlin.

I keep getting messages to check my brake lights, check my high beams, and check my side lights. Of course, I have checked them and they all function properly... yet for some reason I continue to get these warning messages.

Another strange thing is that my car alarm comes on for no reason. I was standing in the driveway the other day, looking at my car, and the alarm went off for no reason. I had to run into the house and pull the keys out of a drawer to turn off the alarm.

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks for any advice...

Brandon

Have your battery tested I bet it's bad

·
Registered
4,896 Posts
either something with the Ibus system - low battery is most likely culprit here.

or your LCM is bad and you have either a low battery or faulty hood switch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts