BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,
A few weeks back I posted under brake bleeding..
So here is what I did...Installed in stoptech rotors & pads & installed new SS lines. Also, switched over to SuperBlue race brake fluid.

So bled the brakes, both with bleeder & old fashioned way...Did it a 2nd $ 3rd time & same issue, just couldn't get anything but a soft pedal when the engine was started and the pedal could go to the floor. Hard pedal when car was turned off
I then had my BMW tech hook the car up to his machine that flushed the air from the ABS & he and another tech also bled the brakes the old fashioned way.
He dropped off the car last week when he came over to help me out with my vanos O-ring swap. The brakes were still no good & could press to the floor when the engine was on.
The car has sat for the past week & today my neighbor & I attempted to bleed the system again, starting in the same order as all the other times, RR, LR, RF & LF...No signs of any leaking from the calipers or new SS lines..During the bleeding of each wheel, I bled out maybe 4-6 oz of brake fluid per wheel. When finished, excellent pedal feel with car off & when started same feeling as before, soft & with full leg push can get pedal to go to the floor. Took the car out for a spin, spongy pedal & only got the abs to kick in once, the 2nd time I tried panic stopping from about 50mph, got a brief brake lock up...didn't flat spot tire...

So what next? When the car is running & I press the brakes, I can hear the booster making some vacuum noise. There cannot be any air in the line after as many times (7 or 8 x's) the brakes have been bled.
It just doesn't make any sense that the minute prior to doing the pads & rotors (everything was fine & normal) and that I now have a master cylinder or booster problem. To me it feels like I am having a vacuum leak somewhere when the engine is on..Again, great pedal feel when engine is off.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
did they bleed the DSC correctly the way i posted in your last thread? as i said you need 2 people to do this, he couldn't have bleed it correctly by himself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts