BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what kind of glue was used on the brake handle? It's green. That's all I know. I would like to use it on my 528i. It needs to be glued or else it will fall out.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
a_ok2me said:
Does anybody know what kind of glue was used on the brake handle? It's green. That's all I know. I would like to use it on my 528i. It needs to be glued or else it will fall out.
I don't know but my brake handle looks awful - suffering the same peeling fate my shift knob suffered years ago. Can you tell me how to get that handle off of there? I might paint it or otherwise recondition it, or make a new one out of some nice wood.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
greg said:
I don't know but my brake handle looks awful - suffering the same peeling fate my shift knob suffered years ago. Can you tell me how to get that handle off of there? I might paint it or otherwise recondition it, or make a new one out of some nice wood.
The wood is peeling?

Someone posted these instructions from Beastpower. It was almost perfect. After I rolled the boot away and exposed the zip tie, I had to use a utility knife to cut off excess glue that spewed from the handle. Then I twisted the handle back and forth as hard as I could. When it finally budged, it only wanted to twist clockwise (using the right hand), so I kept on twisting it clockwise. I focused on twisting it first before I pulled. It's actually a push since you're not at an angle to pull the handle out. Anyways, I then kept on twisting back and forth while pushing the handle out.

If you want to reuse it, you will need to use the glue that is in question. I don't want to use epoxy or super glue. The factory glue is a soft green glue. You will also need to use the utility knife to peel the existing glue from the steel handle so that you can stick in a new 'handle', if that makes sense.

http://www.beastpower.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?page=BMI/PROD/BI-BE39-HB-HANDLE

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
a_ok2me said:
I think this is it: 3M™ Fastbond™ Contact Adhesive 30-NF Green

1 - 4 of 4 Posts