BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ignoramus of the UK writes: Where the blazes is the reservoir for brake fluid. The handbook shows it by the sill presumably under the filter housing. Does one have to remove all that plastic housing to physically see the reservoir? It looks like a mamoth task instead of the simple fix in most cars. That would make the car a mechanic's car not a driver's car.

I know you are supposed to rely on the computer but I like to check on the electronics. You cannot blame the computer when something goes wrong and it has not warned you.

Pip :confused2

·
Registered
140 Posts
Pip said:
Ignoramus of the UK writes: Where the blazes is the reservoir for brake fluid. The handbook shows it by the sill presumably under the filter housing. Does one have to remove all that plastic housing to physically see the reservoir? It looks like a mamoth task instead of the simple fix in most cars. That would make the car a mechanic's car not a driver's car.

I know you are supposed to rely on the computer but I like to check on the electronics. You cannot blame the computer when something goes wrong and it has not warned you.

Pip :confused2
Yep, near the bulkhead under the micro-filter housing. Hardly a five second glance, but then there are far more serious components that are also hidden from view - checked your diff oil or gearbox level this week?
If it hasn't been serviced recently and you are suspicious, then why not take five minutes one sunny morning to check see. It is a split system so you would be very unlucky for the electric sensor and both sytems to fail you simultaneously.
If you are anywhere near Tonbridge, let me know and we can compare notes!
Good luck
Martin

·
Registered
2,997 Posts
it's acually only about a min to remove all that crap to get to it, it's not hard...no tools needed, just a hand and a brain.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankyou for that you two.

Martin, I am not far from Tonbridge and frequently visit Tunbridge Wells. I am however presently away but will diary a note to PM you when I get back. I would love to meet up and increase my knowledge.

Pip :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts