BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 M5 with low mileage and for whatever reason after about 2000km the brake discs start to vibrate. i am now on my third set of BMW discs and it is costing a fortune. Anyone out there have an answer or having the same problem? Also are there any after market brake systems that dont cost an arm and a leg?

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I have a 2001 M5 with low mileage and for whatever reason after about 2000km the brake discs start to vibrate. i am now on my third set of BMW discs and it is costing a fortune. Anyone out there have an answer or having the same problem? Also are there any after market brake systems that dont cost an arm and a leg?
No and No, the only answer is get out of Qatar and come back to civilisation Scott ;)
WillM5AD
Abu Dhabi

·
Registered
797 Posts
Our resident brake expert, Dave Zeckhausen, needs to answer your first question. The answer to your second question is probably. cherrsagai Jeff

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Here's a possible free solution to your problem: http://www.zeckhausen.com/bedding_in_brakes.htm

It's often the case that proper bedding can cure a brake judder problem. And bedding usually prevents it from happening in the first place. Before you spend big bucks on a big brake solution, try this free solution. If it works, you've just saved yourself a ton of money!

When I answered your emails a few moments ago, I wasn't aware of this thread and of your specific problem. I suggest you hold off on the big brake kit until you've tried the bedding.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts