BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Looking for some advice here from other E60 owners with BMW's comprehensive warranty.

I've been the proud owner of a 2005 E60 M5 since June 2016 and have the comprehensive BMW warranty and have been a member of the board for sometime although this is my first post.

As the car is approaching 50K miles I'm looking at replacing the brake discs all round as they are 0.2mm above minimum thickness. With discs being classed as wear and tear items (replaced at owners cost), I wanted to ask if I would have any issue warranty wise down the line (say if a wheel bearing or wishbone failed just as an example) if I replaced the discs with ATE discs as opposed to discs that have BMW etched on them (currently have a full set of ATE discs for the car which I'm led to believe are the exact same as BMW's)?

I've previously been stung with the warranty as the garage I purchased the car from put refurbished throttle actuators on the car, which I ended up having to replace at my cost, when the car developed a fault and went in for diagnosis.

Many thanks in advance for your advice.

Bobba

·
Registered
41 Posts
As long as those rotors are OE spec you should be fine. ATE, Zimmerman, ect all make a great OE rotor. Maybe some other members will chime in as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.