BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, just a quick one. A friend of mine has recently crashed his e38 728i has started breaking it. The thing is it seems to have huge looking front brakes on it with 4 pot Brembo calipers. My question is; will this set up fit my M5? and is it worth doing? I know size isn't everything but i need to be looking at my brakes soon and this conversion crossed my mind any veiws appreciated.
Thanks Dan.:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
970 Posts
Hi

Looks good?! The 728 fronts are 316 x 28 and the M5 are 315 x 28. You need to check the callipers will fit the M5 front struts; can't see that they wouldn't, but ............. Ask your Pal if you can try them out, you really do need to 'butt them up' to ensure they do fit?

Are you sure they are Brembo? More likely they would be ATE, (the 345mm discs with '4 pot' callipers on the 6 speeders are ATE) not really relevant though all pretty much the same?

Cheers

Brian

Geach said:
Hi everybody, just a quick one. A friend of mine has recently crashed his e38 728i has started breaking it. The thing is it seems to have huge looking front brakes on it with 4 pot Brembo calipers. My question is; will this set up fit my M5? and is it worth doing? I know size isn't everything but i need to be looking at my brakes soon and this conversion crossed my mind any veiws appreciated.
Thanks Dan.:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are definately Brembo calipers,and they are 345mm discs,i thought these might be a worthwhile conversion as my mate would do me a decent deal and it would save me spending 1500 quid or more on a big brake conversion?

Looks like i'll have to unbolt it all and go for a trial fit,i just thought someone may have tried it and could tell me to go ahead cos it does work or dont bother cos they have tried before. Dan

·
Registered
970 Posts
If they are Brembo and 345mm they are not standard on any 7 series?

Geach said:
They are definately Brembo calipers,and they are 345mm discs,i thought these might be a worthwhile conversion as my mate would do me a decent deal and it would save me spending 1500 quid or more on a big brake conversion?

Looks like i'll have to unbolt it all and go for a trial fit,i just thought someone may have tried it and could tell me to go ahead cos it does work or dont bother cos they have tried before. Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts