BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
Love that the first return brings you back to this very thread thus sending you in to an infinite loop

·
Registered
6,642 Posts
There was someone who had one custom made...but I cant find the thread.
Yep,but never could it work perfect on the master cylinder connection..Made me mad that it was after 4 tries still leaking there...Scrapped the idea and then went with a new original one...:D

·
Premium Member
13,589 Posts
Yep,but never could it work perfect on the master cylinder connection..Made me mad that it was after 4 tries still leaking there...Scrapped the idea and then went with a new original one...:D
That's right! I was thinking of having a custom braided line made up to replace both the hard line and flex line....but I'm not sure that I can find the proper diameter so that it fits in place of the stock line.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so it can be done,would it be expensive to get one custom made?
anyone have a picture of the oem clutch line?
i sense another google link.....

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
is it really necessary is a better question. its like putting nitrogen in your tires, sure you can do it, but do you really need it?

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i've uprated the clutch (sachs) as the car's supercharged, as the pedal pressures increased as well, i thought it would be reasonable to consider getting a braided clutch line for a more precise feel, feels a little more mushy though stiffer if that makes sense. thought this might make a difference?

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
Hmm, if I could get my hands on a used one, I know of a hydraulic shop I am almost sure they could make one up.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
You'd have to figure out a way to weld the braided line to the hard line. I have a BNIB clutch line I was going to experiment with...
Could you flare the hard line?

·
Premium Member
13,589 Posts
Could you flare the hard line?
The problem is getting the braided line not to leak....You'd have to find some teeny tiny braided line for it to work that way.

I've thought of doing the entire thing in braided line....but I'd have to find some in small enough diameter so that I could put the proper fittings onto it.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The problem is getting the braided line not to leak....You'd have to find some teeny tiny braided line for it to work that way.

I've thought of doing the entire thing in braided line....but I'd have to find some in small enough diameter so that I could put the proper fittings onto it.
15000 miles later. no leaks yet....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts