5,173 Posts
I would love to see that against a de restricted sl65:cheers:

lovely car,

all the best
adam

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
That SLR looks very mean and aggressive. Have they done anything to the engine or is it a purely comestic Brabus? Not sure you could do that much to the engine without compromising reliability I think McLaren squeezed as much as they could out of it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I think it looks much better in black than in silver. Meaner, sleeker more aggressive.
Yeah, is it only a cosmetic change-over or has Brabus massaged the engine as well?

To answer my own question: 660hp, 3,6 to a hundred km/h, and 340 vMax. =)

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Black makes the SLR look less fat, and that certainly is a good thing.

·
Registered
111 Posts
jos said:
Black makes the SLR look less fat, and that certainly is a good thing.
That's one thing I just can't get over with the SLR. McLaren build a super lightweight hyper car and along come Mercedes and fill it with all kinds of crap!

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
luke1 said:
That's one thing I just can't get over with the SLR. McLaren build a super lightweight hyper car and along come Mercedes and fill it with all kinds of crap!
Exactly. But once it is in motion it looks even worse, if you see it driving I can't imagine that you can get it around a curve, but it actually puts down a very quick time on the track(remember Top Gear).

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
jos said:
Exactly. But once it is in motion it looks even worse, if you see it driving I can't imagine that you can get it around a curve, but it actually puts down a very quick time on the track(remember Top Gear).
Plus, it has a smoking brakes (literally) :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts