BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 TitanGrau M5
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, the introductions part of the site was pretty bare so i decided to drop this here. I just purchased the TitanGrau M5 that was listed on BaT. I had wanted one for a long time, recently got the itch to bang gears in a car again, and decided to lick the stamp and send it on an E39. It arrived via trailer yesterday and I have not stopped smiling since. Factory options were M audio and folding rear seats (which was a pleasant surprise)(also, the trunk is ****ing massive). Coming from a '16 Grand Cherokee, I'll miss the heated steering wheel and cooled seats, but I'm amazed at how good the audio is compared to the GC. The cup holders are comically bad, the designers must've forgotten about them until the very end but the rest of the car is so impressive that it's immediately forgiven. It was a dream of mine for a long time to have one of these, and I will enjoy it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Congrats on your M5! I was following that auction, love the color combo, it is truly special.

To comment on the cupholders. I know it is not the priority with a car like this but we all want wish the cup holders were better. It is a topic always discussed by e39 owners. I didn't like the common alternatives such as the thick cup holder plate that sites under the head unit, or the contraption that sits inside the little cubby box by the arm rest so I went with Mike's cupholders - see this link:

BMW Cup Holders, Porsche Cup Holders, Ultimate Cup Holder - Cupholders / Drink Holders for BMW 3 5 7 Series, Boxster 911 Z4 Mercedes Audi NSX other fine cars.

They are fantastic quality, shipping is fast, the price is very reasonable and with all the drinks I've had in them, I have never had a spill. They are super easy to install, you just slide them in and up on a bit of an angle and they sit perfectly in place. I'd email Mike first to verify they are still available, he has the time to ship them, etc. but it's your best bet for functional cup holders.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Congrats on your M5! I was following that auction, love the color combo, it is truly special.

To comment on the cupholders. I know it is not the priority with a car like this but we all want wish the cup holders were better. It is a topic always discussed by e39 owners. I didn't like the common alternatives such as the thick cup holder plate that sites under the head unit, or the contraption that sits inside the little cubby box by the arm rest so I went with Mike's cupholders - see this link:

BMW Cup Holders, Porsche Cup Holders, Ultimate Cup Holder - Cupholders / Drink Holders for BMW 3 5 7 Series, Boxster 911 Z4 Mercedes Audi NSX other fine cars.

They are fantastic quality, shipping is fast, the price is very reasonable and with all the drinks I've had in them, I have never had a spill. They are super easy to install, you just slide them in and up on a bit of an angle and they sit perfectly in place. I'd email Mike first to verify they are still available, he has the time to ship them, etc. but it's your best bet for functional cup holders.
+1, I bought them for my car couple months ago. Think I got them in about a week. Excellent quality and don't regret it one bit.

Sent from Uranus with Love.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Your car color combo is gorgeous!!! Congrats and enjoy her!

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Congrats on the buy. Sometimes I feel like selling mine. Taking it for a spin fixes that. Another cupholder option out there:

It sticky tapes in place. Larger cans/water bottles don't fit, but smaller ones (small waters/Redbull sized cans) do. Side benefit: Stupid OEM garbage cupholder hidden from view.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Another vote for the ultimate cupholder - I have 2 up front and 1 in the rear. I have a TEC, and while it looks cool - it's definitely a piece of crap. You'll marvel at the engineering of the TEC until you have a full soda fall onto your shifter and explode (don't ask me how I know). Bought ultimate cupholders that night, after I had exhausted all swear words in front of my toddler and wife.

You can buy a cupholder delete panel, some of these europe guys sell them for like $25 or so. I think they are only technical graphite and piano black though. But I sanded it lightly and painted it with SEM trim black and nobody should notice it (or I think it looks fine at least).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts