BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So in order to strip more weight off my race car I'm going to dump this setup. This setup has exactly 930 miles on it total and consists of the following: 2 Borla Turbo Mufflers with dual-wall Vibrant Tips in excellent condition. Never driven in the snow or anything so no road salt on it.

The sound in my opinion is excellent and one of the best for the price. It has a deep throaty sound that doesn't make it sound like a 5.0 Mustang but also adds a bit of "racecar rasp" on the top end and isn't restrictive at all like the Magnaflow Mufflers. Very little to no-drone at all with this setup even with the race cats. Also keep in mind I do not have my resonator's on either.

Here is a quick video clip comparing Churious' setup compared to my Borla setup. YouTube - BMW E39 M5s Comparing Exhaust Notes - MEISTERSCHAFT BORLA

To reproduce this setup it would cost around $650-700 + shipping. I'm asking $500 Shipped FOR THE MUFFLERS/Tips

I'm also removing the cats too as they're not needed for a race car :D They're Maganflow 59926 High Flow Cats that I paid $200 + shipping for and are considered the best aftermarket option for the price and performance. Again they only have 930 miles of use on them and are in excellent condition. Asking $150 for these Shipped.

I will cut someone a deal if they want both the mufflers and cats: $600 Shipped for both

Note: My exhaust shop charged me $75 to install both the mufflers and cats

·
Registered
848 Posts
they look like single wall which look better IMO. How big are they? or do you have a part number for them? thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm interested in the whole setup but about the high flow cats...would they give me any problems with WA state DEQ? I'm in Vancouver.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm interested in the whole setup but about the high flow cats...would they give me any problems with WA state DEQ? I'm in Vancouver.
With a tune, they will not affect WA emission's. I ran them on my M5 without a tune for several months and they did not cause a CEL but that doesn't happen for every car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts