BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
For those with aftermarket wheels, I have some questions:

1) Our bore's are 72mm I believe. If my wheels are 74mm do I need hubcentric rings on all 4 wheels?
2) Do you need to buy tire pressure sensors at the dealer before you get the tire's mounted, use the old ones, or the mounting shop provides?

Thanks!

·
Registered
189 Posts
ALTANertive said:
For those with aftermarket wheels, I have some questions:

1) Our bore's are 72mm I believe. If my wheels are 74mm do I need hubcentric rings on all 4 wheels?
2) Do you need to buy tire pressure sensors at the dealer before you get the tire's mounted, use the old ones, or the mounting shop provides?

Thanks!
Yes, and yes. I bought a set of replica wheels for winter, from Lakeshore. They sent them straight to a local installer who mounted the with Blizzaks and put them on my car. Had real problems with what I thought was balance. I went back twice to have the wheels balanced, to no avail. Then I took the car in for my 1200 mile service and the dealer told me that I was missing the hub rings. This was causing the bad shimmy in the steering wheel because without the rings the wheels are never quite centered. Lakeshore was supposed to have included the rings with the wheels but did not and the installer didn't notice. They have sent me a set of rings and they will be mounted on Monday.

I bought TPMs at the dealer and they were installed by the mounting shop. No problems there.

·
Administrator
8,803 Posts
ALTANertive said:
Make sure to check if your car has FTM or TPM before buying the tire pressure sensors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts