BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got around to smoke testing my car tonight and it was pouring out from under the Plenum. I pulled the plenum off. In trying to eliminate suspects I put the smoke to the line that runs from the Plenum to the ICV. Smoke came pouring out of this little fitting which is behind the throttlebody motor. The vacuum lines to the brake booster run off the back of the assembly this fitting is screwed into. What is it for? I’m guessing I should cap It?
Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
DONT CAP IT.

the post above is correct on what it is. Get a proper silicone hose and zip tie it as a back up.
I have old posts on how it’s routed. It travels to the driver side outside of the brake booster should be a black semi flex plastic line which ultimately travels to the fuel pressure regulator that is attached to the fuel filter.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I will re-hose it. Funny this didn't give me any other problems. I guess I got lucky.

Do you know off hand if this is 3.5MM line? Will replace and zip tie.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
More like .7mm/.8mm it’s been a while since I’ve been in that area

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Thanks guys. I will re-hose it. Funny this didn't give me any other problems. I guess I got lucky.

Do you know off hand if this is 3.5MM line? Will replace and zip tie.
The conditions caused by that line being disconnected is the FPR goes to 100% (full pressure) and you get an air leak at the engine. Neither will cause a very noticeable problem because fuel trims will be compensating for it.

·
Registered
3,704 Posts
Lol you're thinking meth bung nozzle
[/QUOTE]

Just Cause you are does not mean I am.

But since you got out of the cave, text me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts