BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,

after advice from AndyE I looked at the weekend and found that BMW had disconnected my bonger when they had it the other week.

I re-connected it and now can bong for Britain!!

Cheers Andy.

The car is currently at BMW getting various minor things sorted. These being:
Rattle in the gear knob
Passenger Mirror not tilting when reverse is selected
Reverse lights not working
Headlight wash jets not working
broken air vent
Replace the bumber inserts

All was well until the service lady just called to say one of the technicians had noticed that the reverse lights aren't working!!!

When I explained that was one of the things on the job list to be fixed and that they had already had the car for a day to investigate the problem (recommended replacing the wiring loom in the boot), she said that she would check tomorrow!!!

So hopefully, all will be well then.

:happybirt

Steve

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Is that tilting passenger mirror an option or standard as mine has never done that!

·
Registered
337 Posts
The dipping passenger mirror is only available as part of the memory seat option, which I don't have.....

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kevinpayneuk said:
The dipping passenger mirror is only available as part of the memory seat option, which I don't have.....
Got the car back.

£53 for a new mirror and the bugger still doesn't tilt!!! :mad:
I have the memory seats and I'm just waiting for the engineer to call me back.

The reverse lights still don't work either! Apparently the old knackered loom in the boot has blown the reverse switch in the gear box. So that is on back order! I'm asuming that once that is fitted I will have both reverse lighting and the tiliting mirror???!!!!

If not, i'm gonna be upset!:crying:

·
Registered
337 Posts
The blown reverse switch will be the, or one of, the reasons the passenger mirror isn't tilting. It needs the signal from the switch to trigger it.

Oh I do wish I had a memory drivers seat. I looked into a retro fit but that is a nightmare as it needs all new motors and a control unit.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
kevinpayneuk said:
The blown reverse switch will be the, or one of, the reasons the passenger mirror isn't tilting. It needs the signal from the switch to trigger it.

Oh I do wish I had a memory drivers seat. I looked into a retro fit but that is a nightmare as it needs all new motors and a control unit.
The BMW technician has just called and confirmed the blown reverse switch is stopping the mirror tilt. Lets hope the part arrives soon. They are not charging me for fitting, seeing as they should have spotted it the first time they had the car!!!

Steve

1 - 7 of 7 Posts