BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just returned from a a two day driving school at the Bob Bondurant school in Pheonix AZ. They use mostly modified Ford Mustang GT's & Cobra's but Bob himself drives a Black M5, the head instructor said the M5 was really "hooked up" and quicker all around the track than the Mustangs. They are a very professional place and we ( me 52, my son 18, my dad 71) learned alot.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Any pics?

all the best
Adam

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry guys no pics, check out www.bondurant.com for course info. We took the 2 Day High Performance class it was $1800 each (5% Discount) . The cars are well maintaned and they encourage you to drive really hard and learn to be smooth. It was lots of fun. As an intro they take you on a few laps of the
road course in a Ford 350 Van loaded up with ELEVEN people the lap times are within a few % of the track record, this ride absolutly defies all logic. The van is bone stock except for a roll bar and 40PSI in the tires. My son after the first day of all kinds of hands on plenty of intructor feed back in-car (Mustang GT) skill drills took a Shifter Kart (6 speeds 0-60 in 4.5 seconds top speed 100+mph) intro class ($175) Bondurant offers for two hours in the evening. He did about 50 laps in three rides. He says it was the perfect way to apply what he learned and the fastest laps of the trip.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I was at the M5 Driving Experience a week and a half ago, and the instructors were talking about all of the other driving schools that are available around the country. What was ironic, was that Mr. Bondurant was at the M5 Driving Experience a couple of weeks before I was there!!!!

Wonder what he thought????

HotRod

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
HotRod said:
I was at the M5 Driving Experience a week and a half ago, and the instructors were talking about all of the other driving schools that are available around the country. What was ironic, was that Mr. Bondurant was at the M5 Driving Experience a couple of weeks before I was there!!!!

Wonder what he thought????

HotRod
Im sure the DE instructors didnt feel any pressure........... :hihi:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Bart Carter said:
I always thought Bondurant was cool. This proves it! :D

How did you like the school? How about some details.
Well he's cool now. When I took the course Bondurant showed up one day in a white Jaguar XK8 convertible with chrome wheels!!! Yuck!!!
-Ben FR

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm signed up for the 3 day high performance driving course May 31st, glad to know that y'all got a lot out of it. I hear the van ride is incredible.

I'm really looking forward to it, and the big road trip I have planned to go along with it - Baton Rouge to Phoenix, take the class, pick up Dad at the Phoenix airport, then off to Sandiego, up the coast to LA for the Petersen Automotive Museum, then to Sacramento, and back to Baton Rouge via Colorado.

And what's wrong with an XK8? I think I'd look pretty spiffy in a White Jaguar with tan interior and chrome wheels.:cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts