BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I have been shopping for a E39 M5. I have noticed that (of the cars I have looked at) body panel VIN stickers are not present like they are on E34s. Can someone tell me whether I have been looking at repaired vehicles or are the stickers "hidden" like those in the new Infinitis, where the stickers are actually on the inside of the body panel. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
262 Posts
there's a vin sticker on the trunk lid. you'll have to remove the rear license plate to see it. also notice the vin# etched on the front shock tower. haven't noticed anywhere else other than the typical stuff on the door jamb.

-joe

·
Registered
303 Posts
fangtl said:
Hi,

I have been shopping for a E39 M5. I have noticed that (of the cars I have looked at) body panel VIN stickers are not present like they are on E34s. Can someone tell me whether I have been looking at repaired vehicles or are the stickers "hidden" like those in the new Infinitis, where the stickers are actually on the inside of the body panel. Thanks in advance.
I had an E34 with the stickers. The E39 does not seem to have any VIN markings of any kind on the fenders/doors/etc. I bought my E39 new and it never had them.

-Alex

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
DarkStar said:
I had an E34 with the stickers. The E39 does not seem to have any VIN markings of any kind on the fenders/doors/etc. I bought my E39 new and it never had them.

-Alex
Alex,

I just bought 02 M5 as well... I noticed that E39 don't have that VIN stickers all over the body panel like their predeccessor models..

just like E36 has VIn sticker all over (if all panel still OEM original from the factory and never been replaced for any reason) vs E46 no longer have those VIN sticker..

Hope this helps.

Regardz,

J Irwan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts