BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the general consensus on bumping your own thread in an attempt to generate more views and suggestions - is this considered rude?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Happens a lot more frequent in the FS forum.

In the main forum, I don't really see a reason to bump a thread with "TTT", "bump", etc, unless you have something to add, as Richard mentioned.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your thoughts.

I don't have anything to add to the thread that caused me to ask the question, I'm just aware that despite there being a huge wealth of experience on the board, not all members are frequent visitors and once a thread has slipped down a page of two the chances of someone offering advice is greatly diminished - hence the question.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
3,184 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I bump the treads I start for UK meets to maximiase attendance.

Agree with Ricard wit regards to bumping after a da or two

cheers

·
Registered
245 Posts
If your question hasnt been asked and you are still in need of help, i say bump it. maybe someone how knows the answer hasnt seen it. Plus, its easy to see the thread, think to yourself "i've already look at it and am not interested" and move your eyes down a centimeter to the next.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Always include what "oil to use" as part of the thread, then you'll never have to bump it.

For example in a thread title, "Help with water in cylinder head and engine bay and BTW is Quaker State 5W10 Non Synthetic the best oil to Use?"

:D

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
If you are asking a question and there are no satisfactory answers, and you've done a search, then a bump after a few days would not be inappropriate IMO. However, most of the people likely to answer technical questions visit the board very regularly.

I'd agree with this...adding "sorry guys, I've stuck out with searches and really need some help" would add to the request....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts