BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BMW may know a thing or two about engine performance, and engine electronics, But when it comes to the audio, in this case, Sirius Radio, I am VERY dissapointed. I just did all the upgrades to allow Sirius Radio and I find that there are Only six memory station presets. grrrrrrr What is this crap!!!! grrrrrrr The other radio (am fm) modes have sixteen! As if I need sixteen am presets! With all of the many stations from Sirius, you get six presets. Just like their iPod interface... what crap!!!!!!! What are they thinking, or smoking, or Bangeling. ouich

Is there any know hack or work around? I am not happy with this side of BMW.

·
Registered
12,393 Posts
Brother Bock-

I feel your pain... I too felt underwhelmed with this 'feature'.

I think it is especially strong when you first get Sirius and the choices are bewildering....

Here is what I did- I have presets in each of the 'key listening groups' I use. I use the preset too get into, say news- on cnn (104 I think) then I just surf up or down for Fox or NPR or whatever. Same thing in Talk, same in POP and ROCK.

After a while, you'll know your numbers and the presets won't be as important.

But I agree- It is the I Drive (bury it all in menues) philosophy- and it s_cks.

A

·
Super Moderator
10,461 Posts
yeah, that does suck huh. I did the same as ard (thanks for that disc, by the way!). I have a preset in rock, country, talk and a couple of favorites that i listen to often.
fwiw, after living with it for 6 mos or so (and my wife's lexus, which has xm) i'm thinking i like the content of xm better, and her reception is better too. (i've been told that xm does have better reception here in the bay area). Hmmm, maybe a future retrofit when my sirius subscription expires...
Mike

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ard,
Thanks for the work around suggestion. I printed out the Sirius Groups that appeal to me and divy up the buttons.

At times like this, BMW acts so dumb....

I went with the Life Time Subscription that Sirius offers (I read the fine print) and see how this pans out. I have XM in my Porsche and truck. Ill do anything to get away from the commercials. :cheers:

·
Registered
12,393 Posts
mr_bock said:
I went with the Life Time Subscription that Sirius offers (I read the fine print) and see how this pans out. I have XM in my Porsche and truck. Ill do anything to get away from the commercials. :cheers:
They gave me a year free... I just acted like I was the mechanic activating it for some lazy customer... :)

A

PS I'm now looking to get a home sirius receiver...I'm hooked.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts