BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just wanted to post my opinion. Since the Mclaren F1, BMW has never really officially released a supercar. I am proud that the BMW V12 used in the Mclaren helped make it the most exclusive super car ever. And I can only imagine what today's BMW engineers can do with the new technology from F1 racing which could be applied to the almost 10 yr old 600+ hp. I guess I am just saying BMW makes the best engines in the world and I can't wait for the next record breaker. :byebye:

·
Registered
714 Posts
Amer said:
Hey guys I just wanted to post my opinion. Since the Mclaren F1, BMW has never really officially released a supercar. I am proud that the BMW V12 used in the Mclaren helped make it the most exclusive super car ever. And I can only imagine what today's BMW engineers can do with the new technology from F1 racing which could be applied to the almost 10 yr old 600+ hp. I guess I am just saying BMW makes the best engines in the world and I can't wait for the next record breaker. :byebye:

honestly BMW's involvement in the Mclaren F1 is not a major role.
now that the MB is not so interested in the P8 and Mclaren might be going alone, perhaps in future they can collaborate.

record breaking? difficult.
money making would be a better consideration.

perhaps a modernized light weight Z8 with the V10 is a good blend of performance, value, and market.

for them to invest money into exotic car range is bad business now.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But most of the top manufactures rely on there supercars for a statement and it helps with sales. Look at Ford and GT car, Porsche Carrera GT, MB SLR, etc.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Amer said:
Since the Mclaren F1, BMW has never really officially released a supercar.
It supplied the engine that's about it. I would hardly call it as being a BMW released car.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Amer said:
But most of the top manufactures rely on there supercars for a statement and it helps with sales. Look at Ford and GT car, Porsche Carrera GT, MB SLR, etc.
Don't forget that the SLR was made in cooperation with McLaren. Porsche still is a sportscar manufacturer, and Ford made the GT as sort of a tribute to the GT40. I know, a modern M1 or a similar supersportscar from BMW would be nice, but if the need for such a car would have been there they'd already build one a few years back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts