BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well... seeing that i have absolutely zero track experience and my driving skills are what i'd call "un-schooled", i signed up for CCC. did anyone else here signed up? would be good to meet up with fellow m5ers.

anyone know where i can try out qualified helmets around the Bay Area?

the event takes place in Marina on Aug. 6 in case you're interested:
http://www.ggcbmwcca.org/index.php?module=calendar&calendar[view]=event&id=73

-joe

·
10,456 Posts
Joe, the club does have a few helmets to loan, but they're donated ones... That means they're old and smelly in general. Wine country motorsports has a nice selection, they're at sears point raceway. In oakland is Bell Motorsports who have a large selection too (although they only had one to fit my melon, and i don't really like it). My first helmet came from a motorcycle shop. In my experience, the bmwcca is ok with M rated helmets, but most groups want SA helmets. SA have some fire rating, and are designed for in car use, M is for motorcycle of course. I guess if you on a motorcycle and on fire, you have more to worry about...

I was in a pickle and bought a helmet from bell a couple of weeks ago, i don't really like it so if you have a big head (size 8) and want to buy mine fairly cheaply pm me!
Mike

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info! got plans to go to Moscone tomorrow so guess i'll make a sidetrip to oakland to try on some SA2000 certified helmets.

:cheers:

-joe

·
Banned
386 Posts
seems interesting and affordable.... I might want to attend this too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts