BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies for the shameless self promotion, but I thought I'd just flag up BMWCar magazine's summer trackday at Oulton Park on Tuesday June 3.

Oulton is a cracking circuit, and we've got the full 2.7-mile GP layout to play with. The cost is £225, but it's an open pitlane which means maximum track time.

We're running this in conjunction with motorsportvision, so to book a place you need to visit www.motorsportvision.co.uk/bmwcar or call 01474 875216.

I'll be bringing the 3.8 and I'm going to bully Seb into bringing his 8 Series so you don't have to worry about being the slowest ones out there.

cheers

Luke :M5rev::goldcup:

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
mumble, mumble, bluddy weekday trackdays, mumble, mumble, some of us have to work, mumble, mumble!
:hihi:

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Luke, I may join you for this one and you can try out the brakes on my car compared to your AP kit.

Richard.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
this is what God invented sick days for. Surely you must have heard of that terrible June Flu bug...
As a contractor, a sick day means no money :mad:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Luke, I may join you for this one and you can try out the brakes on my car compared to your AP kit.

Richard.
Sounds good – I haven't experienced the full OP International but from what I hear it should give the brakes a good work out. You'll have to take a spin in my old bus in that case, although spin is probably not the best word to use!

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Sounds good – I haven't experienced the full OP International but from what I hear it should give the brakes a good work out. You'll have to take a spin in my old bus in that case, although spin is probably not the best word to use!
OP isn't that bad on the brakes as there are only a couple medium heavy braking points (into Shell and the two chicanes) and even those are nothing compared to the two big ones at Donington.

Never had my brakes go to jelly at Oulton, but have at Donington & Anglesey.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
we had a full house (around 60 cars) for our last day which was in December, in the rain at Brands Indy, so we're hoping for more of the same at Oulton.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Is your car back from the bodyshop yet and will it be upto speed by the trackday???

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The aim is to have it sorted for the trackday. I've had word from Nigel at Autospray that work has commenced, and then it should just be a question of fixing the dampers, fitting short shift, getting it back to Bexley's for an INspection II, valve clearances... the list goes on hmmm

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
The M5 will make you poor and keep those supermarket shelves filled...does Bob pay O/T ???

·
Registered
678 Posts
Interesting offer.

However, for me I hear there's a rumour of another 'ring trip in late July - and I won't be able to do both that, and this one..... so I'll have to pass for now......

Cheers, tho'.....

·
Registered
56 Posts
Oulton Park

Just returned from a cracking afternoon at Oulton Park.

Things didn't look quite so good at 6.30 this morning when my driveway was under 2 inches of water.

I trusted the weather men though and bailed out of work at 11.00 am (rain before seven stopped by eleven).

The Motor Sport staff were very reasonable about me missing the morning briefing and I was on the track by 1.30.

80 odd track miles later and I know my way around. I need to work on aggressive achievement of correct entry speed.

I met another E34 M5 Owner (Aussie called Dave I think) who inspired by my slowness is considering a track day himself. There was also a E28 circulaiting pretty quick.

All in all a good day out.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts