BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!
I have a problem... well, not me, a friend of mine.
He has a '06 M6 and a 4.6is X5, and now, he'd like to have a V10 engine fitted to the X5. Any ideas?? Budget is no problem (as you may have guessed...) The car already has Brembo 8 pots at the front and 4 at rear and also a custom Bilstein WRC suspension, one-off!!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yorldi said:
Hi everyone!
I have a problem... well, not me, a friend of mine.
He has a '06 M6 and a 4.6is X5, and now, he'd like to have a V10 engine fitted to the X5. Any ideas?? Budget is no problem (as you may have guessed...) The car already has Brembo 8 pots at the front and 4 at rear and also a custom Bilstein WRC suspension, one-off!!
I'd be concerned about the choice of engine. It's a bit too free revving and low torque for that car. He'd actually be better off looking for an S62 and dropping it in, and doing some work to that.

just my $.02

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
BMW did fit a S52 Engine into an X5, I would think that would be a little easier. If Money is no object, why have Dinan build an engine?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've told him to build a 5 litre version of his 4.6 with a supercharger, as I've already had a quote from birds in the UK, BUT, he's obsessed with the V10... He's now added an M5 to his garage, so...

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
What about a Viper V10? 500 cubic inches, it may not fit?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Man I have been day dreaming bout this .... For far to long.... I got the same but I'm afraid. But this is what I gather... I haven't owned a BMW and I just got a clean 4.4 e53 2001. And I also want to V10 Swap. Now let's get to some details..... X50 or the stroker and supercharger would be the best v8 mod Swap and the motor will be close to max for the price of more power after that point. So... You tube x50 BMW e53. So let's look at BMW e53 v12 LeMans build....? Any doubts about it fitting? Separate chassis wire harness from motor and Mark pigtails and places... Strip front core and build bent or c Boucher bumper crash support. With added room and an adaptor plate and can be maintained. Buy V10 with Granny wires and ecu... 6k last I checked with about 53k on it.... Now mock fit after old drive train is gone and all its parts that are none nessary... Mark where all new mounting points will be and plasma cut brackets and weld together.... While the.. put subframe connectors on body... Trunk struts and front struts. This is the best way.... And one way I plan to go about it... I've looked at each motor out with Granny and I can seen V10 swaps in m3 e36s... I know longer his is an old tread.... But that dream is still alive in the hearts of thinkers and movers today..... Has price would be a lot if u payed for labor.. doing your self makes it happen for that deal.. and on top of that... Any more to the V10 would crush a v8 for less then half the cost when u get to 580hp +

1 - 6 of 6 Posts