BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2002 BMW X5 4.6is
Estoril Blue with Alcantara/Cloth & Leather Combo. Only around 100 came in this color combo.
164k Miles. Very strong motor and tranny. Smooth ride, no vibrations or shaking.
Clean carfax. Clean and clear title.
I'm in no rush to sell this SUV. I love it. I have an E39 M5 and I got this to avoid putting miles on the M5.

Just replaced the Water Pump and Seals. Also, flushed the coolant and did a pressure test, no leaks found. Also rechared the A/C, blows COLD. Fresh oil change with BMW Castrol 5w30, BMW oil filter. Also replaced the lower oil pan and gasket, the bolt was stripped so I wanted to make it easier for the new owner. All receipts available.

**just a couple days ago a ticking noise developed. Took it to 3 mechanics because I couldn't figure it out on my own. All 3 mechanics, that I can take you to to confirm, said it's typical with the V8 X5 motor, it's the lifter.. Bad news is, in order to fix a $30 dollar part, it requires a lot of labor, GOOD NEWS is, from what I'm told, it's just a NOISE and DOES NOT EFFECT PERFORMANCE OR RELIABILITY. You can't hear it from the inside of the car, and actually after driving for about 15-20miles the ticking goes away. The car runs like a champ, and the noise doesn't stop my wife and I from driving it.**

I would prefer a BMW enthusiast that knows about this SUV. Please do your research if you do not know about the 4.6is.

Please no lowball offers. Asking $11900 OBO

Contact me with questions.
571-355-2088

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
taking offers!

need this gone...open to offers!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Price reduced to 10900 Obo. Trades welcomed.

Also, will try to take care of the lifter noise this weekend.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
new price $8500 OBO

New price, it needs work to get that noise fixed. Im just not willing to spend the time or money to put into it.

$8500 OBO

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah. Priorities have changed in the past few months.

Considering all offers!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts