BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys.

I'd like to gather a list of trustworthy and non-trustworthy BMW tuners/mechanics in Australia. I bought my E39 M5 recently and took it to Foxman Auto in Randwick for a blueslip because I bought it interstate with no registration. $6000 later I walked away so angry with myself for being ripped off. Yeah they replaced the clutch and flywheel but the other work they did would amount nowhere near to what was on their checklist. I showed it to a mechanic friend of mine and all he had to say was "they saw you coming from a mile away". I had no choice because I needed that blueslip and my permit had expired. Plus there's now a scratch on the driver's side door that they won't admit to doing.

So I guess what I'm trying to achieve is a list of workshops where board members have taken their cars and would take their cars back to and workshops to steer way clear of. This would avoid us forking out heaps of cash on dodgy service and then writing a post on the board about a mechanic trashing the sh*t out of our cars (we've all seen lots)

BTA Motorsport, Campsie, NSW

I live down the road from these guys and they reflashed my ECU and installed an aFE Stage 2 air intake for me on my 135i (they're an authorized aFE supplier). The owner (Ali) is a pretty good guy but I'm still doing some research on them before I take my M5 there. I'll be going in next Monday because a client of his has an E39 M5 in getting a custom full exhaust (headers - muffler) installed so I want to see the dyno charts and hear the thing (I'll keep you guys posted). BTA are pretty active in the XR6 Turbo forums and also do work on GM LS motors. Have any of you had any experience with BTA or is this you getting the exhaust system done?

BavariaCars, Gladesville, NSW

A friend of mine's Dad is a huge BMW fanatic (who now envies my garage). He's had an E36 M3, E30 2.7L Turbo and M Coupe all of which he raced. He won't let me go there, EVER. He was saying his head gasket was cracked but after 4 visits he didn't pick it up so the cylinders were filling with water until Peak RPM found the problem.

Peak RPM, Parramatta, NSW

I always hear good things about these guys. The aforementioned cracked head gasket was picked up straight away from Peak. I've never dealt with them before (mainly due to their stickers adorning entry level 3'ers all over Sydney) but my friend's Dad keeps telling me to take my cars there.

European Autotech, Mona Vale, NSW

I see lots of top end Porsches out the front but have never dealt with them.

TCCA Motorsport, Artarmon, NSW

Pretty average in service. I took my VW Bora 4motion there for a service/tune. They specialize in Audi/VW/Porsche more than BMW.

Help me add to this list, think about the group buying power we'd have >=D

·
Registered
431 Posts
BMW Melbourne reasonable but parts are four times dearer than from the U.S. Freight reasonable on all the light weight stuff. Do as much as you can yourself, buy a Peake code tool, take it easy the first time you attempt something and second time around it's always much easier.

·
Registered
179 Posts
bm connections adelaide. they went through my entire car complete check-up. spent hours on it found a faulty thermostat part. replaced it. charged me for the cost of the part and an hour of labour. they said they did not want to charge me for the time spent looking for problems when there was none. excellent/honest mechanics. highly recommended.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I can highly recommend Bimmertech in Manly Vale, Sydney. Matt is a pleasure to work with, and not a crook.

If anyone can recommend any workshops in Melbourne I would be grateful. I've already had a bad experience since I moved down here

cheers

Gordo

·
Registered
226 Posts
I heard Worx automotive in Burnswick is good.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I would recommend West Coast BMW over here in Perth. They have completed several work packages for me over the last 14 months, quality, on time, and to budget.

I am almost looking forward to the new clutch and flywheel when I have save up a few pennies.

Happy to answer any questions about them via PM.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would recommend West Coast BMW over here in Perth. They have completed several work packages for me over the last 14 months, quality, on time, and to budget.

I am almost looking forward to the new clutch and flywheel when I have save up a few pennies.

Happy to answer any questions about them via PM.
Best advise i can give,take a holiday to US,Luk flywheel and clutch kit cost $800.00 in LA.Bought 2 of each ,one for me and one for Nick from Sydney,brought then home as luggsge.

David

·
Registered
282 Posts
Have recently had the problems caused by my first Melbourne workshop fixed by Southern BM. Highly professional, don't treat you like an ignoramus, call you and keep you informed. They will look after me until something happens to make me go elsewhere

·
Registered
226 Posts
You can ask tigersoft performance if they have any dealers in Queensland.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Advanced Tech Automotive - Canberra

I have been using these guys for over ten years now. Extremely down to earth, honest and well versed on ///M Cars. Anyone in ACT region should give them a try. Russell is ex-BMW Head Technician.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
14 Posts
BROMSPEC BMW in Brookvale NSW.
they've done quite a bit of work for me recently and he's helpful, knowlegable, and well priced.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts