BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
build your M5 is still missing some options like HUD and others...

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
In addition, the M5 now is no longer listed under "Future Vehicles," but is included under the "M Models."

But it's amzing how many inaccuracies are on the site. The correct options are listed under "Features and Options," making their exclusion in the configurator that much more bizzare. In addition, the M5 page has a link to European Delivery, which by all indications is not available. Moreover, the comparison page (which identifies the E55 as the only competition) has the M5's transmission described as "7 speed automatic with auto-shift," front fog lights are allegedly standard, rear side airbags are "not available," and "anti-whiplash front head restraints" are "not available."

Finally, compare the silver grey on the configurator for the M5 and for the 550. They look completely different. I wonder which is closer to reality. Based on photos posted here, it looks like the M5 configurator comes closer. I certainly hope so because the 550 looks fairly drab.

·
Registered
223 Posts
masmole said:
build your M5 is still missing some options like HUD and others...
It also does not mention the Gas Guzzler tax of $3g... but it's nice that it's finally up and running..

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Park Distance Conrol, Voice Command Control, Best Audio/NAV, Bluetooth, BMW Assist, and 4 yr/50K full free maintenance are standard. The HUD is listed as optional, but is not on the "build it" option sheet. I am also thinking the rears seat airbags and pretensioners are either a no cost option, or are not listed on the "build it" yet.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Digi said:
Park Distance Conrol, Voice Command Control, Best Audio/NAV, Bluetooth, BMW Assist, and 4 yr/50K full free maintenance are standard. The HUD is listed as optional, but is not on the "build it" option sheet. I am also thinking the rears seat airbags and pretensioners are either a no cost option, or are not listed on the "build it" yet.
The rear seat airbags are a $385 option but do not appear on the configurator.

·
Registered
251 Posts
kchika said:
HUD is standard for the M5.
not standard in the US.

HUD = $1000 option. Says it right here on my VIR printout given to me by the dealer.

·
Registered
3,886 Posts
Here is a full list of the options and their cost:

261 Rear-Airbags is $385
322-Comfort Access is $1,000
416- Power Rear Sunshades with Manual Side Window Shades is $575
4MA - M Multifunction Seatsd with Active Width Adjustment is $1,900
453 - Seat Ventiliation is $800
465 - Fold Down Rear Seats is $475
496 - Rear Seat Heating is $350
610 - Heads Up Display is $1,000
655 - Sirius Satellite Radio is $595
X2xx/X3xx - Full Leather Interior w/Alcantara Roofliner is $3,500

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
But I like the wya that you only can compare it tp the E55 AMG and its a couple of dollars cheaper than the E55 AMG :)

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Gustav said:
But I like the wya that you only can compare it tp the E55 AMG and its a couple of dollars cheaper than the E55 AMG :)
Actually, given the high level of standard equipment on the US M5, a similarly configured E55 would run around $8,000 more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts