BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by my dealer today to keep the pressure on him about my order date. He said they would begin writing hard orders Sept.01. He gave me some order info and accidentally gave me a wholesale price list with the paperwork. Not that we have much bargaining power considering the demand, but it's nice to know the mark up.

Attachments

·
Registered
771 Posts
What difference does it make what invoice is? You'll never pay anything close to it! ??????

Even my own personal car, I have to wait until the initial demand calms down before I can get one at my BMW price.

:byee55amg

·
Registered
703 Posts
looks ok to me, what are everybody's expectations on such a car??? donations are not their business, selling cars with profit is

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
desualt said:
looks ok to me, what are everybody's expectations on such a car??? donations are not their business, selling cars with profit is
I was complaining to my insurance company about them raising my rates. The company told me, "Well, Sir, we ARE in the business to make money." That shut me up quickly. I was amazed both at her honesty, and of my insurance company's competent ability to succceed at this major business goal -- to make money! :1:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thats not even $7000 on the base car and the other options don't look to be marked up heavily. In fact it is a 9% markup. That is very respectable, we are just becoming accustomed to these recent promotions by the big three here stateside. As for Digi's insurance we all know they are a rip off. We all pay in then when something happens they try to cut corners or avoid their obligations all together.

·
Registered
76 Posts
boo hoo a $7,000 mark up over invioce is nothing most german high perf cars have at least a $10,000 mark up. Take a look at a corvette. $7,000 on a 80k car is no big deal.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I wonder how happy BMW NA will be when they see this on this board:crying2: , I think they love holding all the cards, Josh

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was in no way complaining about the mark up. Hey, I'm a Democrat and a Capitalist. 9% mark up seems very reasonable to me as well. My post was merely an FYI.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts