BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Hey, Donnie, if it were not for the fact that we are doing the UDE here in Minnesota on the 12th of August we would make the trek West to join you. Flyfishing the mountain streams around Vail, as well as the Vail Valley Music Festival would have made for a real nice trip.

By the way, why is there a separate Susan Komen Ultimate Drive held in conjunction with the UDE, and how does the format differ from the Ultimate Drives held at the area dealerships?

:cheers:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Al:

Yes..it would have been great to see you once again. I am sure our paths will cross soon! I am not sure how the UDE Susan Komen Drive differs from the one at your dealer. At the UDE, you can reserve a BMW from a fleet of many different models. Then, you go on a prescribed drive on the public roads. THe best part of this is for each mile you drive, BMW will donate $1.00/mile to the Susan Koman Fund in YOUR name. The cost to you is nothing! By the way, the NEW 330 is awesome! The chasis is 25% stronger than last year's chasis, the engine makes more h.p., and you get better mileage. Just about unheard of with a new car. Just about everything with this new model is different from last year's. :byebye:

donnie

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Hey, Donnie, will the format of the UDE be similar to the M5DE? I understand there will be a chalk talk followed by emergency braking and lane change exercises and then an autocross? What competitor vehicles will we be able to sample?

:cheers:

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Al:

You will have a brief chalk talk. It will be followed by some familarization laps regarding the course and also the active steering on the New 330. Then, you will drive the Audi A4 Quatro, the INfiniti G35 and then once again the New 330. A great opportunity to drive all three cars back-to-back.

take care,
donnie

1 - 5 of 5 Posts