BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Does anyone recommend a good BMW service shop in Houston Texas. I have a 2003 M5 still under BMWNA warranty so I should go the Advantage or Momentum route. What do you guys think? Any tips on where to go. I heard that BMW North on I-45 is a good place and so is Advantage BMW downtown. I heard horror stories about both Momentum shops.
Thanks for the advice.
TheO

·
Registered
225 Posts
Go see Marco @ Advantage Midtown. I've used him on my 540 and M5. Tell him John Ayres sent you. Can't say he's ever done me a favor, but does respect my vehicle(s).

BMW North is great - although a very long drive. Their parts department (headed by Mike Williams) is second to none.

For non-CPO/out of pocket expenses, use Bavarian Machine Specialties (off Allen Prkwy). Mike Perkins (owner) and Melissa (front desk) have never failed to impress. Mike's a true BMW nerd. :typing:

·
Registered
531 Posts
I've used Dennis at Adv. Midtown, and he's aways been great. He even found me a rental car over labor day when my car was in the shop even though I didn't buy the car from them. He's always very nice and straight forward.

The other nice thing about Adv Midtown is that if you work inside the loop, they will drop you off and pick you up, which eliminates the hassle of finding someone to take you up to the north side to pick up your car when you've dropped it off for an oil change.

Gerald

1 - 3 of 3 Posts