BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, originally as everyone I got throttle actuator error and bunch of other bonus errros Limp mode, DSC , Yellow Brake.
Blah. I bought replacement for BOTH actuator bodies AND as I read in this forum (Thanks guys!) if one part is burnt more likely electronics is burnt too.
So I bought gears for both bodies and electronic board for one actuator body. (Assuming 2nd is good).
I replaced The gears (in fact gears on both were worn out) and put new electroinc on Bank1 failed body. (I bought it used but I kinda... confirmed with seller the part was not failed).
So after I replaced everything the car ran for a while with no errors and after a couple of days (Maybe week) it started to throw same error.
Then, my mechanic told me my battery was about to die so just to be sure I got new battery. Connected and literally when I started car from cold I was able to see how error was cleared. Again couple of days car drove with no errors! And after some days it started again to throw errors.!
Then I swapped the bodies and yes it started to give me error on Bank2 and previously it was Bank1.

So... If you still reading this black magic case... Would re recommend me to replace this actuator? With new part or I can save and get used (assuming it was not burnt) and just put electronic board?

·
Registered
926 Posts
How many miles in car?
save your self and buy new ones ( both) ,,all will be good
used ones not worth it.

Thanks

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi, originally as everyone I got throttle actuator error and bunch of other bonus errros Limp mode, DSC , Yellow Brake.
Blah. I bought replacement for BOTH actuator bodies AND as I read in this forum (Thanks guys!) if one part is burnt more likely electronics is burnt too.
So I bought gears for both bodies and electronic board for one actuator body. (Assuming 2nd is good).
I replaced The gears (in fact gears on both were worn out) and put new electroinc on Bank1 failed body. (I bought it used but I kinda... confirmed with seller the part was not failed).
So after I replaced everything the car ran for a while with no errors and after a couple of days (Maybe week) it started to throw same error.
Then, my mechanic told me my battery was about to die so just to be sure I got new battery. Connected and literally when I started car from cold I was able to see how error was cleared. Again couple of days car drove with no errors! And after some days it started again to throw errors.!
Then I swapped the bodies and yes it started to give me error on Bank2 and previously it was Bank1.

So... If you still reading this black magic case... Would re recommend me to replace this actuator? With new part or I can save and get used (assuming it was not burnt) and just put electronic board?
I went through the same situation after changing the gears in mine (one faulted again after some time). Turned out the motor was bad in the actuator as well as the gears. Changed it out and have been good to go since. Here’s a video of my diagnosis if you’re interested...might be an option to check if you also got the motors with the spares you bought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts