BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Clear signs of unsurpassed driving pleasure: M Sports Package for the new BMW 5 Series Saloon and the new BMW 5 Series Touring.

As from the autumn of 2010, an M Sports Package designed specifically for each model will be available for the new BMW 5 Series Saloon and the new BMW 5 Series Touring, the most dynamic models in each of their segments. The M sports suspension, the M aerodynamics package and 18-inch M light alloys featuring a double spoke design contribute towards enhanced driving dynamics and an exceptionally powerful appearance. 19-inch M light alloys are also available as an option. On the BMW 5 Series Saloon, both light alloy versions come with different size tyres at the front and rear. Furthermore, the M Sports Package for the BMW 5 Series Saloon also comprises the M rear spoiler developed specifically for this model.

Sport seats featuring Alcantara/fabric upholstery developed exclusively for the M Sports Package ensure an exceptionally sporty interior ambience. Their exclusive character is accentuated by high-grade materials, contrast seams and the M emblem on the seat. Additional interior features included in the M Sports Package comprise, inter alia, the M leather-clad steering wheel, the M gear lever knob, the M footrest, the anthracite BMW Individual roof lining and Aluminium Hexagon interior trim strips.

Photoshop below without foglights and BMW X5M frontarea parts, close to BMW M5 F10 design? High-res here.

High-res here.

Attachments

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I beleie the BMW M5 front spoiler will look somewhat similar and without foglamps?

·
Registered
44 Posts
I can't wait, this is going to be AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
This is beginning to look good :)

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Looks good so far...

I don't mind the M sport packages. They make the car look better, and those of us who opt for the M are paying for much more (hopefully) than a front spoiler, a rear diffuser and a deck lid...if it is any consolation, I suspect that in the US at least the M sport package will be only offered with the 550, certainly no slouch. In fact, if the M5 is not offered with a manual, I can envision at least a few M enthusiasts checking out the 550 with a manual...and the M sport package.:)

·
Registered
235 Posts
This looks good. Can't wait the new M5:)

·
Registered
719 Posts
Looks promising.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Brand dilution, its tragic, audi did it with the S-line, so i guess its ok for bmw to do it now? really detracts from the fun of the subtle changes of the e28, e34, e39. the last one was almost a joke for its lack of subtlety, and now you can just tick some boxes and be a pretend enthsiast? the only consolation is the 550 in stick, with uprated package - as mentioned above. But in the end, companies that make pureist cars are becoming few and far between, so the ones that survive will take over (i hope!) i really do like the look of this car without the foglights, i just cant help myself, it looks good.

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One thing I thing is strange is that the 5-series Sport Package is launched BEFORE the BMW M5, for the BMW M5 E39 and E60 that was AFTER the M5 was lanched.

Brand dilution, its tragic, audi did it with the S-line, so i guess its ok for bmw to do it now? really detracts from the fun of the subtle changes of the e28, e34, e39. the last one was almost a joke for its lack of subtlety, and now you can just tick some boxes and be a pretend enthsiast? the only consolation is the 550 in stick, with uprated package - as mentioned above. But in the end, companies that make pureist cars are becoming few and far between, so the ones that survive will take over (i hope!) i really do like the look of this car without the foglights, i just cant help myself, it looks good.

·
Registered
169 Posts
something is needed to counter the the larger air dams like hood scoops or a more rounded hood ......It looks like the bottom is just sagging...

·
Registered
15 Posts
considering ferrari and lambo don't even make 3 pedal cars anymore i'm finding this to be more and more the case. i don't care how much faster smg/dct/f1 trannies are. not offering a 3 pedal option on cars like these is a tragedy.

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
But however thee future. You need both hands on the steerignheel and be able to shift at highspeeds and that is not doable with a manual transmission.

considering ferrari and lambo don't even make 3 pedal cars anymore i'm finding this to be more and more the case. i don't care how much faster smg/dct/f1 trannies are. not offering a 3 pedal option on cars like these is a tragedy.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
f1 drivers did it for many many years and got along just fine. i don't buy that argument.
Your average driver is significantly less skilled than an F1 driver.

The fact of the matter is, as cars become more powerful and heavier, developing clutches that both feel good to engage and can aptly hold the power becomes increasingly hard and more costly. In 10 years I think manual cars will be by and large reserved to the pages of the history books. For now, I hope and truly believe BMW will offer a 6 speed manual in the new M5

Regarding the car - I like the lower design of the original picture, but like the open foglight design of the photoshopped one. Not a fan though o how the center lower portion looks seperated. It looks good but IMO I would like to see BMW maintain more of a traditional styling.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts