BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

281 - 288 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Have any of you guys tried fitting f30 calipers? I think they would bolt on with just enlarged holes on the knuckle and I think they weigh less than these. Although only 4 piston and not sure how the pad area compares.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Have any of you guys tried fitting f30 calipers? I think they would bolt on with just enlarged holes on the knuckle and I think they weigh less than these. Although only 4 piston and not sure how the pad area compares.
Just because they bolt up doesn’t mean they work to safely and properly stop the car. There is a lot more into brake design than bolt patterns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
504 Posts
Are there 2 or 4? It is just for the fronts correct?
Just for the fronts. Swapping them and keeping the stock rear keeps your bias where it needs to be to not require additional changes to the brake system. With just the fronts you’ll notice a huge improvement on braking alone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just for the fronts. Swapping them and keeping the stock rear keeps your bias where it needs to be to not require additional changes to the brake system. With just the fronts you’ll notice a huge improvement on braking alone.

Ok, I want to buy them then.

281 - 288 of 288 Posts