BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
241 - 260 of 289 Posts
I'm not too up to date with my BBKs on this car, but that looks like a great price... Just under 2K for front and rear BBK, who's gonna be first to make them work and do a write up :biggrinbounce:
The rear ones looks a bit off...

I have now 500km on my BMW Performance brakes, and I am happy with them. The only problem is the dust, I had the Red Stuff pads with the original brakes, and they were super clean. With these Brembo pads ( Brembo Brake Pad 07.A076.14) the amount of dust is incredibly high. Even after few km in a city the front rims are very dusty. Does this happen to everybody? Any recommendations for replacement pads with less dusting? Thanks.

Anyone put these $2000 brakes on their $10,000 car yet?? lmao lemme guess the brackets are $500 a set now!?
What about those who bought the m5 new at 70k? Just because the current value of the car is below 20k in blue book it doesn't mean we shouldn't upgrade. Let be nice.

I have now 500km on my BMW Performance brakes, and I am happy with them. The only problem is the dust, I had the Red Stuff pads with the original brakes, and they were super clean. With these Brembo pads ( Brembo Brake Pad 07.A076.14) the amount of dust is incredibly high. Even after few km in a city the front rims are very dusty. Does this happen to everybody? Any recommendations for replacement pads with less dusting? Thanks.
Yes the stock pads that come with it are incredibly dusty. I have only put 5000 miles on mine so I have not thought of replacement pads yet.

Would anybody have the performance brake pads at hand? I have emailed EBC Brakes, but they don't have anything with the Brembo pad reference number 07.A076.14. They would like to have the outline and the measurements of the pad, but as they are already in my car I cannot easily take the measurements. :( Thanks in advance!

A little update on brackets here in Europe.

I have somebody in Northern Ireland, who can supply the brackets now. Any interest, drop me a PM and I supply the contact details.

/M

Reactions: E39m5kxy
Today I had the font wheels off, and I noticed that the Performance brake discs were not perfectly centered around the hub. When installing I modified the wheel bearing by removing the 3 centering taps vs to the other option of drilling the new brake disc. I re-centered the disc with the wheel bolts and re-tightened the singe allen screw that is holding the disk to the wheel bearing. There is some space for the brake disc to move, I will check again soon if it has moved or was this another BMW workshop brilliant installation.

It is hard to see in the pictures, but the brake disc is not in the middle.

I bought a few hub centric rings, when they arrive I will see if I could modify them to hold the brake disc in the center. If that is not possible, I might take the discs off, drill holes for the original wheel bearing centering taps and then re-install the taps to the bearings.

Attachments

A little update on brackets here in Europe.

I have somebody in Northern Ireland, who can supply the brackets now. Any interest, drop me a PM and I supply the contact details.

/M
Thanks marlow rang him yesterday he's not back at work till 2nd Jan so hopefully should be sorted then
. Sorry I couldn't pm you back ain't got the status to pm anyone yet. Thanks once again.

I have two questions. They might have already been answered, I have read through more or less all the threads regarding these performance brake kits.

Firstly, People that are drilling the discs for the additional four holes, are they balancing the discs once drilled?

Secondly , please don't shoot me for this. Are the 135i front calipers same as the performance brake kit 34110444738 calipers, is it only the colour that is different? As I can get the 135i calipers at a good price, better then paying ÂŁ850 for the kit, I just want to make sure be a 100% sure.

Thanks in advance.

Firstly, People that are drilling the discs for the additional four holes, are they balancing the discs once drilled?
There's no need re-balancing the discs.

Are the 135i front calipers same as the performance brake kit 34110444738 calipers, is it only the colour that is different? As I can get the 135i calipers at a good price, better then paying ÂŁ850 for the kit, I just want to make sure be a 100% sure.
The 135i kit has from experience been a lesser quality build. They're the same brake kit in a different color, but the components used (seals etc.) don't seem to be the same quality. That's at least what I can remember from the discussion. I haven't had my hands on a set, so I can only relay hear/say from the thread.

/M

Reactions: E39m5kxy

The 135i kit has from experience been a lesser quality build. They're the same brake kit in a different color, but the components used (seals etc.) don't seem to be the same quality. That's at least what I can remember from the discussion. I haven't had my hands on a set, so I can only relay hear/say from the thread.

/M

I should be comparing the two side by side on tuesday 31st or friday 3rd, if you want i can try to get some pictures on here!

/M

I had a chance to have a look at both calipers side by side today! They are identical all rubbers have same part number same piston, build quality is 100% the same the only difference is the colour and logo of the calipers!

That's a little worry some since a lot of 1 owners have had complaints of the calipers cracking.

Reactions: Gouki and MADEM5N
241 - 260 of 289 Posts