BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

181 - 200 of 288 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hi,

To all of you thanks for all the hard work on this.
I see there is a group buy for the brackets.
Where do I get the BPK from ?
In the UK and have had a nightmare with getting stuff shipped form the USA, and customs issues too.

Thanks,
Regards,
Nat.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hi,

To all of you thanks for all the hard work on this.
I see there is a group buy for the brackets.
Where do I get the BPK from ?
In the UK and have had a nightmare with getting stuff shipped form the USA, and customs issues too.
You get them from your friendly BMW dealer. I bought mine from JKC BMW in Coleraine / NI, as they were a lot better on the pricing than the dealers in the Republic. They can be got for as low around around 800 GBP incl. VAT depending on discount.

/M

·
Registered
347 Posts
No, I'm sold.
I've had a kit waiting for a run of brackets since I missed out originally. I have also had a bit of time in the interim to have a look into other users
experience with the bmw pbk as E39 M5 feedback is limited to a few.
The link I posted to, is a valid opinion from someone who didn't have a good experience with the pbk whether or not that was because the calipers were used in a race /semi race situation etc, I don't know. I however, continue have some niggling doubts regarding the usage on our cars and it's not regarding the brackets. It is also not stopping me from wanting to fit them to my car :applause: nor can I see benefit to the forum by discussing anything via PM..?

Gervase

de gustibus non est disputandum

·
Registered
504 Posts
teaser.
Here is the rotor on the car. To make clear, you need to have the pin holes and the second rotor screw hole drilled out (I did just the pin holes and wish I did the second rotor screw). I took it to my machne shop versus me doing it with my drill press because the hub bore on the rotors is about 3mm greater than our bore and they used the old rotor to get the exact positioning with the CNC machine.

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
this bracket requires grinding of the spindle to fit. It can be done without grinding with some adjustments to the bracket. More to follow... ouich

·
Registered
232 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I finally got a ship notice from the company... they asked for more money for shipping. The ship label says 99# on the ship weight.

When the tracking number actually shows that it's picked up, I'll post the link so you can save $100 or so (it ended up being about $100 cheaper than the vendor on Amazon selling the kit).

My brake light just came on, so the timing couldn't be more perfect :D

181 - 200 of 288 Posts