BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
8,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A lot of folks ask when to change their fluids and if its really a wise investment to change fluids sooner than what BMW recommends.

That all of course depends on how hard you drive your beast.

If you are like me that drive the beast the way its meant to be driven and the way its designed to be driven (very spiritedly) - then what I personally do is change fluids sooner than what BMW recommends.

Its a small price to pay if you plan on keeping your car for a long time or you want the next person to own your pride and joy to enjoy your beast for a long time too.

Attached is what Mr. Mike Miller from BMW CCA Roundel Magazine recommends.
I follow his recommendations on all my BMW's.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
When Ajax drives way too hard, he feels almost like he has sinned. But draining and replacing the fluids is like washing the sins away. Redemption.

·
Registered
126 Posts
yes mr ajax,you are always good for a little humor........and if changing our fluids gave us redemption,boy would I be busy servicing all kinds of cars!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
When Ajax drives way too hard, he feels almost like he has sinned. But draining and replacing the fluids is like washing the sins away. Redemption.
:grinyes: long time no see Ajax is everything OK ??

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
:grinyes: long time no see Ajax is everything OK ??
Thanks for asking Abdullah. Ajax was OK, but on the drive into the office this morning, a Sea Gull crapped all over the hood. The Mustang ahead of me was not good enough for the little winged a-hole--- no he just had to shiit on the M6! So Ajax gets to wash away the sins of the bird out in the rain this afternoon. (We are 1 month into our 9-month rainy season here in Washington state).

·
8,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very good idea to remove bird crap immediately.

Bird crap is extremely acidic and very nasty. It will eat the paint if you let it sit especially on the hood as it cooks the bird crap while we drive.

I learned the hard way.

On my M5, I went to the dealer to get some work done.
On the dealer parking lot, driving out - a freaking seagull crapped on the hood of my car.
I thought I am already on my way home I will just wash my car when I get home.

Big mistake. By the time I got home, the bird crap was imbedded already to the hood and it stained the paint as the heat of the engine cooked the crap.

I had to buff the hood with paint polish really really good to get the stain out.
Learned the hard way.

Thanks for asking Abdullah. Ajax was OK, but on the drive into the office this morning, a Sea Gull crapped all over the hood. The Mustang ahead of me was not good enough for the little winged a-hole--- no he just had to shiit on the M6! So Ajax gets to wash away the sins of the bird out in the rain this afternoon. (We are 1 month into our 9-month rainy season here in Washington state).

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
hihahiha apparently the sea gulls Like ///M6s as you and Dan had the same problems LOL , but thanks God it was raining ,
9 month rainy season :eek7: sounds good i love rain BTW , i was waiting for the rain season in Kuwait to drive my 996tt cause pee cars are awesome in the rain .

·
In Memoriam
2,398 Posts
:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts