BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my name is Matt from germany.
I drive a 2005 BMW M6 since 2012. Actually the car has 158 000km and a problem with the gearbox. Clutch was changed by 100 000km, plcd and clutch akuator by 155 000km.

Actually I have a new problem with the gearbox. Red flag in the dash. I replace the hole smg unit with a new one, but I have the same codes like with the old one.

Please can me someone help?
I imagine to change both relais?

Greetings

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
What was the code? Did you run SMG bleed/adaptations?

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
4FA0 was caused by the 510d/510e.

Those codes are caused by an interruption in the signals from/to the PLCD. Nothing else causes those.

No signal from PLCD -> no position information for clutch -> position deviation (4fa0)

·
Registered
1,580 Posts

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Well, not sure what to tell you then. I guess new PLCD does not mean it can't fail again. The code you posted is a comm code for PLCD.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Check the connection and wiring of the PLCD because faults 510E 510D are both PLCD.
I know the SMG hydraulic unit complete comes with new PLCD, so check the connection at X11 connector all pins are ok, from connector X11 pin8 (main) pin9 (redundant) pin6 (Ground) pin7 (5V power) they go to SMG ECU connector X70014 pin8 (main) and pin9 (redundant). It is odd the PLCD sensor is bad when new.
Try to test continuity first and you may also see some voltage from 0V-5V or in you case it may be 0V if the sensor is completely dead.

When you view status>Analog value 3 in INPA for PLCD do you see values with (-) values in both main and redundant position??

The PLCD never worked since you installed the new SMG unit??? Does the new SMG unit came with new PLCD???.

I wouldn't really suspect the slave because you have clear PLCD faults and both of them, although the SMG ECU operation is non understandable sometimes, mechanical mixed with hydraulic and electrical and fault comes inconsistence. For example I have read many claims that they had to replace the PLCD after replacing a failed clutch slave, it just doesn't make sense, possibly the PLCD or it's wiring got damaged during the installation but you never know.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts