BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I dunno if it's just me but I think there is something suspicious that non of the videos posted for BMW's secret M garage focused or gave any sort of attention to the one off M6 CSL? the camera passes by it as if its some regular BMW model laying in the dark not showing any details what so ever while every other car in that garage got a detailed documentation. Anyways after playing that video hundreds of times, I used my magnifier glass to spot the E92 M3 side mirrors on it from different angles in case its a visual illusion, any opinions of this as a mod for our M6's?? :biggrinbounce:

Attachments

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here we go it was from autoblog:

BMW M Projects -- Autoblog
WOW, I cant believe you found these pictures!! I used every search engine out there to find a pic of this shy car but failed to do so until you showed up :7:! Now I dare some one to come up and say that these side mirrors aren't HOT??? I'm seriously going to start my investigation to find out if the e92 M3 side mirrors car fit on the M6 although the ones on the CSL seem to be a little different than the ones on M3 :confused2. I'm hoping that some tuner would consider this mod inspired from the legendary M6 CSL, any thoughts anyone?? the front splitters and the rear wing didn't really shine to me although it's good to know that its some how the same concept as the vorsteiner lip. Lastly did you guys notice that it has no rear seats? that's something i'm also considering to make it as close as possible to the real CSL. lovelove

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
Why did they NOT build a M6 CSL!!!!!!!!!!!! So sad :(

·
Registered
449 Posts
I agree! Someone make those mirrors, so we can build our own CSL's!!!

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lets sign up a group buy and propose it to some aftermarket carbon shop? I'm going to try test fitting my friends E92 M3 side mirrors on my M6 although I doubt they will fit. :rolleyes:

·
4,362 Posts
Anybody have any info on those black "splitters/spoilers" under the brake cooling intakes?
I wonder if they are add-ons to the existing ones on the regular M6 or redesigned ones that move them forward for better aerodynamics in exchange for ground clearance

Why did they NOT build a M6 CSL!!!!!!!!!!!! So sad :(
autocar:
BMW M6 CSL 'didn't make sense' - Autocar.co.uk

A CSL version of the outgoing BMW M6 was fully developed before being axed, the firm has revealed.
The M6 CSL coupe was rejected by the BMW board as it didn't make sense as a business case.
It is now part of BMW M's classic collection, shown in full to journalists today for the first time.
Features included active aerodynamics (focused on the floor), a 100kg weight saving programme, an upgraded power output and a new aero package.
Another car revealed for the first time today is a rear-wheel drive M version of the first-gen X5. This car was never made as BMW decided its X-badged cars had to be all-wheel-drive, something that's no longer the case as its sells rear-drive versions of the X1.
It was powered by a V8 engine mated to an smg gearbox and was "well received" in customer clinics, BMW claims, but was ultimately rejected.
*also are they saying there was a GEN 1 X5M w/ a V8 + SMG?*

·
Registered
327 Posts
Gustav!!!!!!!!!!!!! You just walked passed by that M6 csl, that is so not you... Come on. An M6 CSL that was never seen or heard off., you should have filmed it, took pictures, or detailed it. Who cares about April Fool's pickups or station wagons.

Please tell me you have more.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Is that trunk spoiler retractable? Those mirrors are something. M6 Kelleners a group buy would be awesome, Im definitely in if you could set one up

·
Registered
550 Posts
im sorry but in my honest motoring opinion they will ruin the look of the M6, totally misfit i thinkm, each to their own i guess.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Is that trunk spoiler retractable? Those mirrors are something. M6 Kelleners a group buy would be awesome, Im definitely in if you could set one up
+1
I also think the spoiler is retractable. :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
It looks like it was a moveable floor, according to the article. In 3 years, I will purchase an M6 'vert and work on a similar package with my current M6. It's a complete shame that BMW abandoned this line of thought as it would have placed the M6 in very elite company. A 100kg lighter car with 10% more power will be just the ticket!! Kelleners, will your group work on this at all? Thanks-mk :cheers:

Reactions: M6Cabrio

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
It looks like it was a moveable floor, according to the article. In 3 years, I will purchase an M6 'vert and work on a similar package with my current M6. It's a complete shame that BMW abandoned this line of thought as it would have placed the M6 in very elite company. A 100kg lighter car with 10% more power will be just the ticket!! Kelleners, will your group work on this at all? Thanks-mk :cheers:
I can't agree more. What the hell were they thinking??? It makes PERFECT since for the M6!!!! Think of an M6 CSL with a dinan stroker.....pure heaven lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts