BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, ill start by apologizing to Gustav for posting this here but i neeeeed to.
This isn't my car, i just came across it while i was continuing my hunt for an e34 m5.

Its number 32 of 32 of the M540i. It is high mileage (at 211,000km) but its in amazing condition and i know that if i post it on the board that it will find its way into the right hands.

This car is the final example of the M540i (#32 of 32) is unique in that it was ordered with special BMW Individual paint (British Racing Green) and upholstery (Modena Natur Nappa leather with Mexico Green Nappa leather trim).

Read more on the M540i here:
BMW M Registry - FAQ E34 M540i

And finally here is the ad with pics, priced at $25,500
Used 1995 BMW 540I for Sale In CALGARY, AB - 140294 - autoTRADER.ca

Cheers

·
Registered
907 Posts
What a nice car is hanging out there ! Very rare color combination !

good luck with the sale

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ah the Fast Lane...selling dodgy vehicles in Calgary since god knows when...

certainly *looks* like a nice example, but they are on crack listing it for that price with that mileage. MAYBE if it was at one of the specialty import shops, where i KNOW it had been sorted through with a fine tooth comb I might look at it...

·
Registered
138 Posts
She's been for sale for years now, every so often they clean her up, wheel her out, take some pics and place an ad in the trader, and try to get $25k for her. She needs a lot of help though, all the usual service and suspension items. They must have money to burn to let her sit there for so many years and not letting her move on to a new owner - she never will at what they are charging - and it doesn't help thet it is The Fast Lane that is selling her - one of the more questionable outfits in town.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha, i thought the exact same thing. Its priced way too high when you take into account the high mileage, and the fact that you guys are saying that this car has a fishy history.

As rare and unique as this car is, it defiantly needs to take a tumble in terms of the price. There are e39's going for about $25,000 with low mileage and in amazing condition.

·
Registered
209 Posts
$25k? There's a sucker born everyday. They are just waiting for him.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've seen a number of these 32 special production Canadian cars for sale over the years in the range $6000 - $19000 cdn depending on condition. While it is technically an "M" car it will always have a small following compared to the equivalent M5.

Sure the interior is very special and rare, but the price is just plain ridiculous for what is essentially a stock M60B40 in a late model M5 chassis. sorry

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've seen a number of these 32 special production Canadian cars for sale over the years in the range $6000 - $19000 cdn depending on condition. While it is technically an "M" car it will always have a small following compared to the equivalent M5.

Sure the interior is very special and rare, but the price is just plain ridiculous for what is essentially a stock M60B40 in a late model M5 chassis. sorry
There are a few other little upgrades as well but I do agree, anything in the 10k+ range is too much unless it is in immaculate condition w/ low km and the owner doesn't need to sell. If I could find one not pounded in the ground I have big plans for it :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Someone needs to tell all this to the guys selling this car, in fact all the cars they sell. Good luck to whom ever tries.

·
Registered
36 Posts
So many issues with that car, it would easily take C$10K to sort them out; not the least of which is where are the proper M-Parallel wheels? And that interior mix of yellow and green leather is a color that only a mother could love.

The first owner was a traveling salesman that put 100K on it in two years. At least he managed to unload it for $50K. Looks like Fast Lane is left holding the bag....

Aloha,

David

·
Registered
107 Posts
So many issues with that car, it would easily take C$10K to sort them out; not the least of which is where are the proper M-Parallel wheels? And that interior mix of yellow and green leather is a color that only a mother could love.

The first owner was a traveling salesman that put 100K on it in two years. At least he managed to unload it for $50K. Looks like Fast Lane is left holding the bag....

Aloha,

David
I agree, although I like the color haha.

How is yours?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It is a very nice car, but I've actually had the opportunity to buy two of these M540i's in the fast few years. Wish I bought them, but then again, I would rather not spend that kind of cash on a car that is almost identical to my 540i/6

1 - 19 of 19 Posts