BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
10,456 Posts
US spec bumper trim too, with the side marker lights.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
@Gustav..does Karl know about this one...when he does he'll wet his pants with excitment...nice find.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
@Gustav..does Karl know about this one...when he does he'll wet his pants with excitment...nice find.
-
stevie [email protected]
if it wud be a -new- find, perhaps:eek:oohhh:
but this car is (I believe)- one of the few -orinoco-greens- and the previous owner is 'Greg', is it not ?
http://www.bmwmregistry.com/detail.php?id=1836
-
[email protected]
yes, factory-PDC- is indeed rare on an E34 M5touring - I am not too sure
if the PDC is actually factory on this one, I doubt it, though -
it is difficult to make sure in any case bcs the PDC is -NOT- mentioned on the
vehicle-spec-lists even if it was there from factory, most likely bcs PDC was not -yet- an official -option- in those days and became officially available first for the model-year '96 E34tourings. BUT -hand-assembly- and BMW ZS flexibility makes the impossible possible:applause::applause::M5launch:

·
Registered
840 Posts
Theres a Silver Touring that's in the states with the same option.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Theres a Silver Touring that's in the states with the same option.
-
Correct ! and that car ( VIN is known ) appears to have received that option in the holy halls in Garching (M-GmbH), although the -PDC-option- is -not-
mentioned in the factory-vehicle-specification/option-list.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
If I remember correctly...... member M5Touringfan's Oxford green touring has factory PDC too.
-
Oxfordgreen M5touring with factory PDC ??
Are you sure, Eric, it is -Oxfordrgreen- or perhaps -Ascotgreen- or in order to clarify what VIN does that car have ?

·
Registered
832 Posts
-
Oxfordgreen M5touring with factory PDC ??
Are you sure, Eric, it is -Oxfordrgreen- or perhaps -Ascotgreen- or in order to clarify what VIN does that car have ?

Hi Karl

Can't remember the vin of the car but I'm positive that the colour was Oxford Green.

The car was on Pistonheads for a while last year....considered buying it before my car came along.

If I find the vin in my records I'll let you know.

Cheers

Erik

·
Registered
30 Posts
Oxford Green M5 Touring with PDC

Hi Guys,

Just noticed the thread.

Yep that is my M5 that Erik is referring to. :)

Erik - great news about your M5 Touring - I was very pleased to hear you found one and that is now with you!

Safe driving and keep a smiling!

Karl, the VIN number is the famous Bert Eichler car from Switzerland. PM me if you want the VIN number.
Thanks.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just noticed the thread.

Yep that is my M5 that Erik is referring to. :)

Erik - great news about your M5 Touring - I was very pleased to hear you found one and that is now with you!

Safe driving and keep a smiling!

Karl, the VIN number is the famous Bert Eichler car from Switzerland. PM me if you want the VIN number.
Thanks.

Thanks a lot.....:cheers:

I was so happy to find that my car landed here without so much as a scratch....:) .

Cheers

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Slightly OT

Whilst I was in Abu Dhabi/Dubai, we were moved between sites by taxis (cheaper & quicker than driving ourselves, but probably not as safe).

We were going to Dubai one evening in quite fast traffic, and as it's over an hour's drive, we decided to get a bit of kip before going out for the evening with the rest of the team.

About half way into the journey I awake to hear a constant & regular beep-beep-beep-beep. I move around in my seat thinking I've unlocked the seatbelt and it's warning me, but that doesn't work. I check my colleague's and driver's belts and their both fine.

After searching and listening for a couple of minutes, I got annoyed and asked the driver to switch it off if he could - to which he replied that he couldn't as it was the PDC and the car behind (which I hadn't noticed) was less than a metre from our bumper :eek:oohhh:

·
Registered
821 Posts
That M5T was $20k and in New Mexico about 2 months ago. It had a decent dent on one side and some other issues, which I read are being addressed. I'd be interested in knowing the final sales price as that would set the bar for a stateside M5T. I was looking to do what this guy is doing, pick it up, fix it, drive it, sell it and pocket a few bones. I figure he's putting in ten, and looking to make nine on the back end. It's a good thing there aren't many over here, because the buyers at that price are few and far between.

those pics are terrible tho, the car looks grey to me

·
Registered
270 Posts
erikM54life...are you really in Lagos, Nigeria? I didn't think a single M5 existed in that country...

·
Registered
224 Posts
Interesting find. I wonder how much they want for it. The car has rear reflectors but no fronts...that is strange...

·
10,456 Posts
Interesting find. I wonder how much they want for it. The car has rear reflectors but no fronts...that is strange...
I couldn't get the pic to work on that car, but the web site says 39,990 for the other m5t they have for sale.

as for reflectors, maybe a half-assed federalization process!

·
Registered
224 Posts
At $40K they are smoking crack. I'd rather go buy a car in Europe and federalize it myself.

·
10,456 Posts
At $40K they are smoking crack. I'd rather go buy a car in Europe and federalize it myself.
from what i have seen, 40k seems to be the going 'asking price', for the ones that come up for sale. I'd imagine you could probably get one for closer to 30k, give or take a bit. Given the current exchange rate, it would probably cost close to that to get one registered here. I hear some states are more lax, and you could possibly get one thru canada more easily.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts