BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how long BMW N.A. will be running the e39 M5 Performance Driving School?

I've left messages twice, but haven't received any information from them.

I'd like to do the school before it changes to e60.

Any comments on the school experience would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ronin M5 said:
Does anyone know how long BMW N.A. will be running the e39 M5 Performance Driving School?

I've left messages twice, but haven't received any information from them.

I'd like to do the school before it changes to e60.

Any comments on the school experience would also be appreciated.

Thanks!
If you are talking about the M5 Driving Experience (M5DE on this board commonly), that's only for new M5 purchasers and that is probably closed since you had up to one year from new purchase to utilize it. If you mean the M school, which did use both M3s and M5s, I think that it's only M3s now since the M5 is currently out of production. :confused:
ChuckG
'03 M5 Carbon Black/Black Extended Leather

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information Chuck.

I recently purchased my 2001 M5, so the M5 Driving Experience is not an option for me.

I am sorry to hear that the M school only uses M3's.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ronin M5 said:
Thanks for the information Chuck.

I recently purchased my 2001 M5, so the M5 Driving Experience is not an option for me.

I am sorry to hear that the M school only uses M3's.
I am not 100% sure on that but the promotional material from the Performance Center describing the M School which used to talk about both M5 and M3 now talks only about driving the M3 so I assume by that that the M5 is no longer a part of the program. The M5DE was an absolute blast by the way!!
ChuckG

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
even if it was still offered since you are the second owner, i doubt you would be allowed to go. It was only offered to first time owners, although you might have been able to get around that somehow

·
Registered
81 Posts
I participated in the M experience this last August and the cars used were both the E39 M5 and the E46 M3's (six speed and SMG). It was a total blast, I'd definetely recommend it to anyone! I'm even thinking about going to the "Advanced M experience". I don't believe they're taking out the M5's but until the new one will arrive.

I did not qualify for the M5 experience since I bought mine used and in Mexico where we don't have the privilege of such a nice program.

I'm attaching a pic of the tires after one of the excercises. Pure fun!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
If you talking about the m5 driving experience that you get for free when buying a new m5 when i went in july they said it would close around october depending on any left over m5 people calling.

Now if your talking about the M school where you pay 2 plus g's thats open as far as a I know you come here to charlotte and they put on on Lowes motorspeed way with the m3's and teach you alot of things such as heal toe shifting etc.

·
Registered
30 Posts
According to the BMW site, there are 4 schools in the "Performance Center Driving Schools." One is the M School, which has 2 categories: M Driving Experience and Advanced M School.

The M Driving Experience is a 2 1/2 day school featuring both M3's (manual and SMG) and M5's (the E39 version). This school is limited to 15 participants at a time and had a 70 person waiting list when I first called about it.

I am registered for the November 1-3 M Driving Experience. My phone conversations with the Performance Center and my registration paperwork assure me that the E39 will be part of the school.

Apparently, the Performance Center only releases the dates for this school 6 or 8 weeks in advance. Since it is difficult for people to change their schedules on such short notice, the Center ends up filling the slots from way down on the waiting list.

The E-mail they sent me says there is another session scheduled for November 29-1, 2004. Call BMW Reservations at 888-345-4269 to see if there are still openings.

Hope this helps!

Rayman
2003 M5

1 - 9 of 9 Posts